Option to toggle chat echo

Report bugs and suggest new features for the web client here.

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laani
Novice

Option to toggle chat echo

Post by Laani » 08 Mar 2015 02:06

I put this here because I'm not sure if this option would belong with all game options, since it applies to the web client specifically.
I'd like to suggest the option to toggle chat messages in the main window (so it only displays in the Communication tab).

I dislike the main window auto-scrolling while I'm trying to read something and people are chatting; I also keep track of most conversations through the Communication tab explicitly.
Just the option to turn it on and off would be great.

Thanks!

Mercade
Wizard

Re: Option to toggle chat echo

Post by Mercade » 14 Mar 2015 11:19

The request as such is understandable, but not very likely to make it to the top of the wish list any time soon. The option would indeed be on the game side since it affects the sending of speech messages. From a technical perspective this would be quite pervasive as doing it properly means changing all speech commands. Alternatively we could see if we could alter the synchronization between the comms window and the main window, and try to filter comms messages from reaching the main window. That would in theory make it a client side option.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/