I was helping Rangar out with a trigger to do some color-coding in the webclient and we ran into quite an issue. After a week of trying to fix it by proxy via mobile, I finally hopped on and figured out what was the problem....
When attempting to capture an apostrophe from the client, it has to be captured as the HTML code:
Needless to say, this led to some frustration before we figured it out. Keep in mind, this is the case only for apostrophes as far as I can tell (commas, question marks, periods, exclamation points, and colons for sure operate normally), but it does impacyt Regexp patterns and Text patterns
. This has to mean that somewhere the browser is translating the apostrophe to the HTML code above.
I would assumed this is a webclient issue, but I'm not sure.