View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Jul 2018 23:13

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Recent new steed changes-- comments and suggestion 
Beginner

1. I have been gone for a few months, meanwhile ponies have gotten terribly finicky. They don't like to go a lot of places. Used to be in that case I would auto-dismount and pony would follow. However now I have to re-try my movement attempt (sometimes once, sometimes twice!) this means I get left behind in a team. And when not teaming walking can be terrible slow when "s, s, s" gets me just "s."

2. I have also noted that mounts in general (aka game-wide) have been changed so that one sees the mount first, and the rider second. I suppose this is for realism. However it makes it very hard to see what is going on in a team. I have been in a team twice now where the party thought we had lost someone who was actually present-- due to the mount showing first. For me that lessened realism. Regarding that, in old westerns every cowboy knows that the danger is from the rider, not the mount-- so even from afar one first focuses to see what kind of rider is atop a mount before focusing on the steed.

3. That said-- if anyone is tinkering with steeds in general-- it would be great if the standardly rented ponies could be trained to come at a whistle.

*smile hopefully*

Maisey
:)

27 Jul 2017 22:38
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]