Just Saying Hello!

Feel free to introduce yourself to the community! Welcome!
Zugzug
Veteran

Re: Just Saying Hello!

Post by Zugzug » 28 Oct 2018 02:49

gorboth wrote:...

I'm a Tolkien nerd and a Dragonlance noob. :P

G.
Wait, those are two different books?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 28 Oct 2018 03:12

Zugzug wrote:

G.

No wonder the RDA have been so terrible on the battlefields lately!

"What do you mean we're lost?"

Wurtan
Beginner

Post by Wurtan » 28 Oct 2018 04:14

All this being said, I'm currently working my way through the intro quests in Sparkle and I'm wondering, would I regret it if I put those on the backburner and went straight to a newbie zone in another domain... perhaps Ansalon... :roll:

And if so, what's the recommended newbie zone in Ansalon? I thought I read somewhere that Palanthas is the best place to start, but then I saw a dock in Sparkle to Solace that says "Newbie" or something similar on the sign.

Tulasi, I do plan on playing a magic user at some point, once I get a bit more comfortable with the game, but I've always been more partial to the Red Robes... :|
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 28 Oct 2018 05:58

Wurtan wrote:All this being said, I'm currently working my way through the intro quests in Sparkle and I'm wondering, would I regret it if I put those on the backburner and went straight to a newbie zone in another domain... perhaps Ansalon... :roll:

And if so, what's the recommended newbie zone in Ansalon? I thought I read somewhere that Palanthas is the best place to start, but then I saw a dock in Sparkle to Solace that says "Newbie" or something similar on the sign.

Tulasi, I do plan on playing a magic user at some point, once I get a bit more comfortable with the game, but I've always been more partial to the Red Robes... :|
Work your way through Sparkle would be my suggestion. Once you've done all those you'll be well prepared for other areas. The quest hub for a lot of Dragonlance quests is based in Solace, which you can get to from dock 6, which will take you to Newports... however be warned the quests are old, and some of the syntax (and quest logic) I have been told is quite frustrating :).

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 28 Oct 2018 20:29

Arman wrote:
Zugzug wrote:

G.

No wonder the RDA have been so terrible on the battlefields lately!

"What do you mean we're lost?"

That's a great picture, Arman!

Dragonarmy utilizing not just one, but multiple weapon types; obvious exercise of battle tactics (perhaps commander setting up the tank rotation?) and clearly one member of the group positioning himself to prevent flanking actions (leaving?) by the enemy!

Make Genesis Balanced (not again, for the first time in history, but you know...)

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 28 Oct 2018 23:45

Oh come on Zugzug...
haha ive been a ranger for years (pretends she is an old soul) and now a monk...
we cant even imbue like others can (no unbreakable armour and a lot of imbues are useless to us) and almost every undead we cannot stunn, and there are a lot of undeads in the realms...

;)
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Wurtan
Beginner

Post by Wurtan » 29 Oct 2018 13:54

Thanks Arman,

As excited as I am to start exploring Ansalon, I'll follow your advice and explore Sparkle first.
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 29 Oct 2018 21:40

Arman wrote:
Wurtan wrote:All this being said, I'm currently working my way through the intro quests in Sparkle and I'm wondering, would I regret it if I put those on the backburner and went straight to a newbie zone in another domain... perhaps Ansalon... :roll:

Work your way through Sparkle would be my suggestion. Once you've done all those you'll be well prepared for other areas. The quest hub for a lot of Dragonlance quests is based in Solace, which you can get to from dock 6, which will take you to Newports... however be warned the quests are old, and some of the syntax (and quest logic) I have been told is quite frustrating :).
Have those size caps been removed from the little quests in Pelargir and Kalad? If not, it's a good idea to send newbies there early.

Wurtan
Beginner

Post by Wurtan » 08 Dec 2018 19:38

I'm back. I had to give myself a bit of a self imposed suspension. I was really getting into the game when I first started two months or so ago, but it was beginning to become to demanding, and interfering with things it best shouldn't (work primarily :D ). I won't be on super often, but I'll be on occasionally on the weekends for the most part.
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 09 Dec 2018 00:55

Wurtan wrote:I'm back. I had to give myself a bit of a self imposed suspension. I was really getting into the game when I first started two months or so ago, but it was beginning to become to demanding, and interfering with things it best shouldn't (work primarily :D ). I won't be on super often, but I'll be on occasionally on the weekends for the most part.
Happens to the best of us! Welcome back!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/