Cooking Event 2020!

Here you can talk about ongoing events, provide feedback for old events, suggest ideas for new events, or just discuss events in general.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Yeren
Apprentice

Re: Cooking Event 2020!

Post by Yeren » 14 Apr 2020 11:04

Haha good one Boce :)

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 14 Apr 2020 20:20

Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Prancing Pony in Bree

Ingredients
1/2 pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs (allow to sit in a bowl of room temp water while collecting ingredients)
1 1/4 teaspoons white vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice (let come to room temp)
2 1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts (I use whole walnuts and food process them. YMMV)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 300°F.

Begin by collecting your ingredients into batches. Add the softened butter directly to a mixing bowl. Add the sugars to a small bowl. Add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to another small bowl. Add the vanilla and lemon juice to a small mug, swirl a bit.

With the mixer (stand works best, but a hand mixer will do) on medium speed, cream the butter for 2 minutes.

Crack your eggs, add them to the mug with the vanilla and lemon juice, swirl again. Add the egg mixture to the mixing bowl, and blend on low for 30 seconds, followed by medium speed for another 2 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy (if not, continue until it is.)

Now, with the blender on low speed, add your flour, oat, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon mixture. Blend it for another 45 seconds, but be careful not to overmix, or the cookie texture will be off!

Remove the mixture for the mixing stand (or put the mixer down,) and using a baking spatula fold in your chocolate chips and walnuts.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the cookies out onto the sheet in 2 tablespoon-sized balls, 2 inches apart to allow room for spread.

Bake for 20-23 minutes. The edges of the cookie should just be starting to turn a golden brown, but the center should still be soft. This is the perfect texture for a Prancing Pony Cookie!

Makes approx 35 cookies.
ChocolateChipCookies2.jpg
ChocolateChipCookies2.jpg (554.88 KiB) Viewed 11132 times
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Okotok
Wanderer

Post by Okotok » 15 Apr 2020 04:07

Recipe Name:

Broccoli Soup from the Seaside Tavern in Gont!

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion diced
1 cup diced carrots
3 cups fresh broccoli
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon each thyme and garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese

Total Time:

~20 minutes

Directions:

1. In a medium pan, cook butter, onion and carrots until onion is softer (~ 3 minutes). Add chicken broth, broccoli and seasonings. Cook at low heat until broccoli is soft (~8 minutes)
2. Coarsely chop 1 cup of veggies and set aside. Blend remaining vegetables and broth.
3. Remove from heat, stir in cheeses & reserved chopped vegetables and serve immediately.

Edit: photo attached.
https://imgur.com/a/kZQmjTV
Last edited by Okotok on 15 Apr 2020 06:11, edited 3 times in total.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 15 Apr 2020 04:46

Okotok wrote:
15 Apr 2020 04:07
The forums won't let me attach a picture
I'll add one as soon as possible!
I was having the same problem. The picture was too big and it would just give an error "HTTP error". Try scaling the image down in something like MS Paint.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/