Global chat channel(s) for all or limited ?

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Trutblemma
Adventurer

Re: Global chat channel(s) for all or limited ?

Post by Trutblemma » 14 Aug 2010 19:22

A double no from me. Not global and not guild....no thank you. Nein, njet, ne, ei, hayir..

;)
//Emma's overseer

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 15 Aug 2010 03:06

double no from me as well
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 15 Aug 2010 14:00

Thank you all for your answers.

I see that Genesis isn't heading the way now but I just wanted to try
it as an idea to help improve the game. The idea came out of someone that
returned to the game felt the mud was dead and noone active.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 17 Jan 2011 23:15

I was just about to write this question myself, Uther, but luckily found this thread so I didn't need to. I realized many would be opposed to it, but had no idea it would be _everyone_ (except you).
So, just to get my opinion voiced, I'd like to say YES! I want it too. Mainly to remove the impression of the mud being dead.
Ok, it won't happen. But you're not totally alone in your opinion.
(As hard as it might be to believe, I really do agree with you. I am NOT trying to brownnose my way into the Dragon Order. That part will come later, after I've failed my tasks).
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 17 Jan 2011 23:26

I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jan 2011 01:24

Uther wrote: The idea came out of someone that
returned to the game felt the mud was dead and noone active.
I think the ingame newspaper idea I once presented would serve this purpose nicely without being a chatline.

In short, a "magic" weekly newspaper sold in Sparkle with all sorts of news. A wizard section with wizard news and updates they feel like sharing, be it small or big, some pages with automaticly generated news like all sorts of statistic. Space where people could write what they want, not a chat but more like a mobile bulletin board. And if someone (mortal or wizard) felt like writing an article about something, they could do that as well. Other ideas could be "newborns" and "deaths" listing all new players and people who died during the week. And a section where you could put up ads for... well anything, teaming, bounty on someone, trading of items, you name it. And perhaps add the "mortal statistics" from the webpage to the newspaper as well. Those are just a few ideas, I am sure it could be used for alot more.

For anyone that remembers, I remember some Angmar and Alliance webpages during the war that were updated daily, that sure made the game feel alot more alive. (Well it was more alive of course, and more to report news about, but still).

Of course the ingame newspaper should have a nice Genesis-feel to it. I am thinking something like that magical newspaper in the Harry Potter books / movies!

The point of it being to make us all feel we're part of a world that is alive, even if not everyone are online at the same time.

I've written about in in more detail on the old forum that is gone now, and I am too tired to re-write it right now but I think you get the general idea.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 18 Jan 2011 02:38

Great idea, Cherek!
Not as great as a chatline, but still great :-)

Especially the part of auto-generated news. Info on newborns would be very useful. Deaths would be interesting. Perhaps some of the major quests, when solved? And there could be more things, like people joining/leaving guilds (the guilds who are are ok with handing out this information), new people rising to myth level, and whatnot.

Could be distributed in all major cities, and would give a heads-up on what's happened recently, plus show that the game is actually alive. And I guess this paper could easily be connected to the Mud homepage as well.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Jan 2011 08:30

I *really* like this idea.

I'll think more about this and see what I can come up with. Cherek, please bug me about this.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 20 Jan 2011 13:35

I am glad you like the idea Gorboth! I just wish I had sent it to you ingame like I planed to some half a year ago (or more) when I first thought about it. Now that post is gone from the old forum...

But I'll be sure to send you the newspaper idea in more detail ingame, Ill just have to reinvent it again first.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/