Donate feature on the main site

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Donate feature on the main site

Post by Makfly » 01 Sep 2010 21:03

Many, many community sites these days have a "Donate" button.

Many have a small progress bare too, so you can see how much is estimated to make that months goal. One site I frequent attempts to raise 99$ a month via voluntary donations.
I am certainly not suggesting that Genesis should do the same. But I think it would be nice to have a donate button up on the main site, so people can donate money to "The Grand Promotion" campaign, whenever it's supposed to start.

It should be a piece of cake to set such up, and it's not like Genesis has a certain amount it needs to garner each month, so any money donated a free to be put directly into the promotion of the game (or betterment of the game).
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Donate feature on the main site

Post by gorboth » 01 Sep 2010 23:36

This is an interesting idea, Makfly. I have been preparing to announce some specifics along these lines in the near future, too, so this is good timing.

Thanks for the suggestion!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Donate feature on the main site

Post by Cherek » 03 Sep 2010 02:54

Great idea!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/