Things to plan for in the promotional campaign

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Things to plan for in the promotional campaign

Post by Makfly » 20 Oct 2010 08:43

It's good to see that the fuse on promotional campaign seem to have been lit by Gorboth. I really hope the results can live up to our expectations.

Anyways, just wanted to mention, that one thing keep in mind is the competitors of Genesis.
Now I know that some people here sneer at the very mention of World of Warcraft, but we have to be realistic.
Many people that play World of Warcraft would not play Genesis, but many people that play Genesis would/do play WoW.

So perhaps it's worth taking into consideration the coming release of the new WoW expansion on the 7th of December.
I'm not saying don't do anything till that date, but merely saying, do start any big marketing push on or around that date, because many gamers attention will be very much on that expansion.

Just something to take into consideration when planning this whole campaign out.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Things to plan for in the promotional campaign

Post by Cherek » 20 Oct 2010 11:47

I am guessing we are still year(s) from an promotional campaign anyway. I dont agree with everything the wizards think need fixing first, but even I think at the very least need a web-page and a useful web client, and that probably wont happen that quickly.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/