Those New to Genesis

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

If you are new to Genesis as of January 2010, How did you come to Genesis?

Through a Friend
11%
Genesis Forum
1%
Another Forum - Please tell us which one.
2%
Facebook
3%
Google Search on Muds
10%
Genesis Poster
No votes
Banner Ad - Where?
No votes
Article about Muds or Genesis- Where?
2%
Other - Please let us know
18%
I've been around in Genesis for longer than that!!!
55%

Total votes: 113

Kitriana
Champion

Those New to Genesis

Post by Kitriana » 11 May 2011 08:54

If you are new to Genesis as of January 2010 - please share with us how you found out about us.

[To clarify, Kitriana really does mean 2010 here. This poll invites those who have been with us for about a year but who were new to the game when they first arrived to participate as well as any new players who are created from this point on and find the forum. - Moderator]
Last edited by Kitriana on 12 Jun 2011 21:47, edited 2 times in total.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Booger
Veteran

Re: Those New to Genesis

Post by Booger » 11 May 2011 16:17

Was a bit unsure, so I voted "Other".
I'm not exactly new, since I played for a while in the old days. But being away since... -93(?) I assume I can be considered new.
I got a mail from Gorboth, inviting me to see how things were nowadays. Had a look and got stuck.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 May 2011 17:26

Sorry, but I won't permit hijacks of this thread. Avatar's self-labeled hijack post and all that followed it have been moved to the "Logs and Stories" section. I also deleted some of the posts and replies that were in confused response to the date listed above, and posted a clarification on the topic headline post.

Lets stay on topic please, this is an important poll.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 12 May 2011 21:55

Draugor wrote:IS there any way to see the results without voting? I dont want to f*** the data up but it would be VERY interesting to see.

This doesent count as hijack does it?
Right under the vote button there is a link View results. Use that to see.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 16 May 2011 21:15

gorboth wrote:Sorry, but I won't permit hijacks of this thread. Avatar's self-labeled hijack post and all that followed it have been moved to the "Logs and Stories" section. I also deleted some of the posts and replies that were in confused response to the date listed above, and posted a clarification on the topic headline post.

Lets stay on topic please, this is an important poll.

G.
Kudo's to this poll. Great way to see what promotion of Genesis yields the most newcomers :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 19 Aug 2012 04:02

The point of this poll is to be able to find out as people find Genesis -- where they are from. That way we can push further efforts as time passes to the places where we are getting hits from. I made the last option in the poll for those who wanted to see the results without skewing them. Therefore, you can disregard that line. So your comment is thusly not pertinent to this poll.
Last edited by Kitriana on 20 Aug 2012 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Aug 2012 13:24

Laurel wrote:
Kitriana wrote:So your comment is thusly not pertinent to this poll. Thanks for playing!
Not to the poll, to it's result.
There's 100+ Genesis FB group users (mostly ex-players) registered with even more chars. The result of this poll show, that it addressed 11 people, who claimed to be new players (tho I don't believe it, cause noone wrote a single line of text about it, aside from voting). In opposition to those 11, there's 28 who aren't new. Still they mostly do not play.

Hence my suggestion to rather address those 100 (100 on FB, out of which ca. 30 on this forum) who know Genesis and are quite used to it, but for this or another reason do not play. It's much easier (we have a relationship with those customers, as opposed to new ones).

Obviously you are welcome to go after the person again, completely disregarding the idea, because of your own personal grudge. Cheers!
One of the big ideas we have maintained is to make it easy to play Genesis while in Facebook, integrating our client into that structure. This could be part of such an effort. What additional activities would your recommend, Laurel?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 11 Feb 2015 23:53

Found out through Google app store, was looking for anything interesting, and got introduced to MUD's :)
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 12 Feb 2015 08:53

Drip wrote:Found out through Google app store, was looking for anything interesting, and got introduced to MUD's :)
How do you like it compared to other games? Did you try other MUDs or MMOs?
How "far" have you got? And does it feel too hard?

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 13 Feb 2015 22:15

My character's brute is off the chart after someone took me hunting in Gont.... and I can't kill the orc priest by myself so no quest EXP.
Other than that, the plural commands are confusing, so I can cut ear from corpse but can't cut ears from corpse.
But then, I have no clue as to how MUD works.
Compared to other games, there's always the old players who can do everything.
I'm an apprentice and got kicked from academy (long story) so how long do I have to wait to rejoin?
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/