Those New to Genesis

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

If you are new to Genesis as of January 2010, How did you come to Genesis?

Through a Friend
11%
Genesis Forum
1%
Another Forum - Please tell us which one.
2%
Facebook
3%
Google Search on Muds
10%
Genesis Poster
No votes
Banner Ad - Where?
No votes
Article about Muds or Genesis- Where?
2%
Other - Please let us know
18%
I've been around in Genesis for longer than that!!!
55%

Total votes: 113

Aerzal
Greenhorne

Re: Those New to Genesis

Post by Aerzal » 19 Aug 2016 15:11

Kitriana wrote:Aezrel- Welcome!

Can you link to where in Reddit you heard about the game? Might help us encourage others.

Kitriana
Most likely here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/comments/1 ... niversity/
I can't remember the exact post, but that was probably it. I created a post on /r/youshouldplay(https://www.reddit.com/r/YouShouldPlay/ ... eb_client/) as well. I'm pretty excited about this mud primarily because of the beautifully simple web client. It doesn't feel hobbled at all, on the contrary with the sad state of mud clients on os x it feels like a first class experience.

I would love to see the GMCP Documentation and API post added to the main website as developers(the hackernews crowd) are a prime source of new players that already have command line experience. Additionally, the web design really gives the game a vintage feeling without feeling like a 90s game.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 19 Jul 2017 01:22

I was searching the games on the chrome store and like a beacon in the night I was saved. It is the superb choice if you want to play a game on chrome. That's me though.

"Nice necro, way to revive that thread" - somebody I thought was hilarious

Bim
Novice

Post by Bim » 12 Jul 2018 21:06

The PC Gamer article - I tried it out of spite to the rubbish reviewer!

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 13 Jul 2018 07:46

Bim wrote:The PC Gamer article - I tried it out of spite to the rubbish reviewer!
Glad you did! Enjoying your time this far?

Slyde01
Beginner

Post by Slyde01 » 23 Oct 2018 17:53

PC Gamer as well

Wurtan
Beginner

Post by Wurtan » 24 Oct 2018 18:11

I was looking for a light, browser based game I could play on all my devices, one that I could pick up for 10 minutes, or hours at a time. Google lead me to MUD's so I started researching a bunch of them, I tried one other before this, but it didn't feel right.

The Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, and Lord of the Rings themed areas invited interested me, and the clean and simple browser client, and smooth, easy to follow tutorial sealed the deal.

I also really liked how this one is completely player/volunteer operated and ran with no money, for something like that to be kept alive this long is pretty cool. The other one I tried was free to play with micro transactions, and you could really feel the difference.
Characters:
Rumli the Dwarf

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/