Facebook chat.

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Facebook chat.

Post by Alorrana » 11 May 2011 16:28

Who ever made that? i suspect Petros beeing the brains behind that.. but its AWSOME !!

thanks alot :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Kitriana
Champion

Re: Facebook chat.

Post by Kitriana » 11 May 2011 16:40

Can you elaborate? What are you talking about...?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 11 May 2011 18:19

genesismud@groups.facebook.com (mail adress)

Its a group petros made on facebook.. or least i think its him.. where your able to chat with the other gamers and say hello to old friends.. lure people to start playing again and what not.. quite cool.

If your on facebook just search for Genesis Lp Mud. and join up :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 11 May 2011 20:49

Wish I could take credit for it. But Kitriana has been all over me to update the Facebook group, so many thanks to her for a well deserved kick in the butt. I went through and enabled all the fun features of the group, and there you have it!

Also, a big shoutout to the original Admin of that Facebook group, Nathan Glassburner, who kept it alive all these years.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 11 May 2011 22:25

Awesome. Welcome new member there

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 May 2011 00:24

Ok... Soooo... I'm in a spot right now where I can't access facebook. We'll not comment on that at the moment as I'd prefer not to get myself in trouble.... But anyways.... Yes.. Facebook evidently updated their group features.. so when I had logged into the groups the other day.. it said " Your group will be archived in two months... do you want to petition the admin to upgrade to the new group option." DUH! OF COURSE I WANT AN UPGRADE! So I petitioned petros to update the group. Now.. I have been getting all these lovely email updates of things people are posting to the group - which is really awesome to me. Because I would get annoyed at the fact that I'd have to keep going BACK to the group to see things posted there and would often forget about the group and I'd not know when someone new joined the group and etc. So this is definately an excellent new feature.

But I'm not really up on what the other features came with the upgrade/update since I can't log into facebook right now as per above. Can someone PLEASE fill me in.. because I can't handle the 16 hour wait till I can log in to facebook again. :D (Yes - This is what we call addiction). :oops:
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 May 2011 12:36

did all traffic move to FB now, or why is it so quiet here (compared to the increase - in my opinion - of logins in game)? if we continue to move to FB, then I suggest making Gen another FB-game, like farm-ville or what are they named ... :?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 May 2011 12:59

A facebook MUD client would not be a bad idea perhaps? I dont know how hard it is to get a webpage client like fMud to work like a facebook app though.

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 13 May 2011 15:13

FB has its own API, but it is pretty simple. I don't really like FB so I'm really not interested in coding it, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 16 May 2011 21:08

petros wrote:Wish I could take credit for it. But Kitriana has been all over me to update the Facebook group, so many thanks to her for a well deserved kick in the butt. I went through and enabled all the fun features of the group, and there you have it!

Also, a big shoutout to the original Admin of that Facebook group, Nathan Glassburner, who kept it alive all these years.
Thanks for the shoutout, but honestly you did all the work, I just thought one day at work it would be nice to "see who's on facebook from Gen" so I created it. Petros is definitely the brains and manpower behind the operation, I just clicked "Create Group'.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/