Website

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Re: Website

Post by Alorrana » 07 Sep 2011 21:07

I dont think anyone hates it..

But ill share my views..:)

Banner is really really.. not catchy.. Its looks like something anyone could draw.. its nothing special. its.. i dont know.. not catchy.

When scrolling over the various menus they are lighting up with white, this should be yellow or a red, when back ground is Black and white. would look awsome.

Under players, Perhaps we could take our pics from the Facebook site and upload em.. or a player finds a picture and uploads it. or is that forbidden.. dont know Net rules..

maps and detailed maps are needed.. cause the black and white in the page, looks like they have been done by a child. No offence.

Otherwise its good, and i like the general theme of it. so my 4 small points, if they could help.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 07 Sep 2011 21:10

Alorrana wrote:I dont think anyone hates it..

But ill share my views..:)

Banner is really really.. not catchy.. Its looks like something anyone could draw.. its nothing special. its.. i dont know.. not catchy.

When scrolling over the various menus they are lighting up with white, this should be yellow or a red, when back ground is Black and white. would look awsome.

Under players, Perhaps we could take our pics from the Facebook site and upload em.. or a player finds a picture and uploads it. or is that forbidden.. dont know Net rules..

maps and detailed maps are needed.. cause the black and white in the page, looks like they have been done by a child. No offence.

Otherwise its good, and i like the general theme of it. so my 4 small points, if they could help.
Just admit that you hate it ;P

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 07 Sep 2011 23:07

Two suggestions:

1. You could keep the black but put some color in the banner, maps and images. Black is GREAT for contrast and makes images look great. All my artist friends use lots of black on their websites.
At least do a test and see how it looks. Please :)

2. If you don't have it yet, make a copy of the site, a test version. Use it to play with the look. And if you temporarily put it someplace online you could pop a link to us in the community to get constructive feedback and suggestions.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree that the PLAY NOW button should probably have color as well (gold/yellow perhaps), or have some other type of stronger highlight than now.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 08 Sep 2011 03:45

I think the website looks greats but does need to be fixed in some areas.

1. The play now button, I think, should be placed where the vote area is, then the vote area moved below.
2. The map is fine enough, but should have the ability to zoom in and out.
3. The descriptions of Guilds and Domains could and should be increased. As for the guild descriptions I believe that each guild should write their own and of course players will want to try and sell their guild but descriptions such as 'The Calian Warriors and the best soloing guild in the Game!' should be left out. There needs to be truth in what is said.

Other than that, it's a good site. It just needs to be filled some more. It seems quite empty at the moment.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 08 Sep 2011 15:25

The site works fine on the iphone, btw. Except obviously the flash client, but this is Apple so what can you do.

Seren
Beginner

Post by Seren » 09 Sep 2011 12:48

I like the new website, I think its pretty cool, especially the java client!

I was wondering whether the information about the guilds are up to date?

However one important thing is missing on the new website:
Mortal Rankings!

Seren

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 09 Sep 2011 13:16

seren wrote:I like the new website, I think its pretty cool, especially the java client!

I was wondering whether the information about the guilds are up to date?

However one important thing is missing on the new website:
Mortal Rankings!

Seren
Gorboth said the rankings will be there, they just haven't finished writing the code for it yet.

Seren
Beginner

Post by Seren » 09 Sep 2011 13:17

So when you implement mortal rankings again.

Could you consider splitting up the physical and mental rankings instead.

No more physical - but instead seperate str, dex and con.

No more mentals - but instead int, wis and dis.

Seren

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 09 Sep 2011 14:45

seren wrote:So when you implement mortal rankings again.

Could you consider splitting up the physical and mental rankings instead.

No more physical - but instead seperate str, dex and con.

No more mentals - but instead int, wis and dis.

Seren

Well you can do both ... .) Both Physical and mentals and individual stats.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Seren
Beginner

Post by Seren » 09 Sep 2011 14:54

Actually its true, else the hobbits will rule dex, dwarf+gobbos rule str/con and so on.

Agree with Uther.

Both phys and mentals listings and also one for each of the 6 stats :D

S

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/