Twitter

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Twitter

Post by Laurel » 29 Apr 2012 14:42

to know that there is an attack on VK, you need to be a nigget or pass by - reward: possibility to get the best 1h sword in game
to know that there is an attack on ID, you need to be a Neidar or their friend - reward: possibility to get pelts and a nice club

why should the benefits of being a nigget, neidar or their friend be available to everybody?

it would be enough if you Twit' up that there has been an attack and X with Y defended the place with Z casualties, etc.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 29 Apr 2012 15:20

Laurel wrote:it would be enough if you Twit' up that there has been an attack and X with Y defended the place with Z casualties, etc.
Not if you want to use it as a tool to get people to log on, so as to not miss whatever event.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 30 Apr 2012 19:37

I suppose we could parcel out the twitter stuff so there were different hashtags:

#genesis_lpmud:general
#genesis_lpmud:niedar
#genesis_lpmud:knights

etc?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Apr 2012 19:45

i'm not sure thats necessary.. i think the whole point is to just get ppl to log into the game

maybe some ppl will log in to fight with the opposing force and attack the keep along with Kitiara.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Apr 2012 20:11

Usually raids go unnoticed because nobody is around anyway?

Posting them on twitter/facebook could perhaps bring some action in more ways than one. Yes it negates some tiny benefit people of those guilds have, but on the other hand maybe it can add some well-needed interaction, both cooperation and against other factions? Maybe the defending guilds would enjoy that too?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Apr 2012 20:25

did you ask them?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Apr 2012 20:50

Cherek wrote:Usually raids go unnoticed because nobody is around anyway?

Posting them on twitter/facebook could perhaps bring some action in more ways than one. Yes it negates some tiny benefit people of those guilds have, but on the other hand maybe it can add some well-needed interaction, both cooperation and against other factions? Maybe the defending guilds would enjoy that too?
this is exactly my line of thinking.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 30 Apr 2012 20:51

Laurel wrote:did you ask them?
If he had, he wouldn't have used the word 'maybe' and the question-mark.

Now do you have any more "useful" comments?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Apr 2012 21:30

There's a lot of "assuming" going on around here. Once something is assumed, no facts can ever break the assumed theory. If they fit - great, rub them in. If they don't - they are disregarded.

Useful enough?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Apr 2012 21:33

As being a member of two guilds with such automated attacks...

1) As a Calian -- I always enjoyed these attacks as it was a way to pull ppl together and usually brought on a lot of ppl.

2) As a Union Member -- I'm saddened we don't have the ogre attacks anymore. I think it would be a lot of fun and would definately find it interesting to have others to partcipate in them.. whether against the ogres.. or with them.

Any others would like to add their testimony?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/