Promotional ideas

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Promotional ideas

Post by Cherek » 13 Aug 2012 20:21

Well I had an idea to become the unofficial "arch of advertising", although after starting a poll that showed the majority of people does not think the game should be promoted because it's not good enough to promote... well I kinda lost the will to continue. I know a poll does not represent all people in Genesis, but well... thats how it went. Also I had some suggestions for in-game stuff but as Gorboth explained in his common board post we simply don't have enough wizards to handle some type of promotional event, and since not many players feel they want to help out anyway the gain from such an event would probably be very small.

If more people start to feel they wanna promote and want to help out I might reconsider, but we're gonna need some more posts showing some spirit first... like what Arcon wrote. That gives me a little hope.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Aug 2012 21:55

I think we should be promoting.. I've tried to put out ideas in the past. I've even offered to do a youtube video -- but didn't get much in terms of help to make that happen. I wish there was someone coordinating efforts and leading a team on this front. I think leadership is important or people just lose interest without having someone to keep the momentum going.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Aug 2012 22:52

Having a point person for promotion would be excellent. I tried to do this myself, and it was probably chief component of my burnout last Fall. I will throw support behind anyone who has promotion energy and good ideas.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Aug 2012 23:39

Kitriana wrote:I think we should be promoting.. I've tried to put out ideas in the past. I've even offered to do a youtube video -- but didn't get much in terms of help to make that happen. I wish there was someone coordinating efforts and leading a team on this front. I think leadership is important or people just lose interest without having someone to keep the momentum going.
Cant that someone be you?

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 22 Aug 2012 17:08

Cherek wrote:Well I had an idea to become the unofficial "arch of advertising", although after starting a poll that showed the majority of people does not think the game should be promoted because it's not good enough to promote... well I kinda lost the will to continue. I know a poll does not represent all people in Genesis, but well... thats how it went. Also I had some suggestions for in-game stuff but as Gorboth explained in his common board post we simply don't have enough wizards to handle some type of promotional event, and since not many players feel they want to help out anyway the gain from such an event would probably be very small.

If more people start to feel they wanna promote and want to help out I might reconsider, but we're gonna need some more posts showing some spirit first... like what Arcon wrote. That gives me a little hope.

How do you feel now? There are several things going on now. Come on, help us keep the ball rolling. *nudge Cherek*

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Aug 2012 19:19

Arcon: I am willing to help out, but I dont feel like "leading" anything. My Genesis-morale is still a bit low, and my time to spend currently is as well. But if someone takes charge I'll probably find new energy!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/