Sparkle Townhall meeting!

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Sparkle Townhall meeting!

Post by Makfly » 04 Aug 2012 12:01

How about hosting a townhall meeting in Sparkle to discuss the issues of promotion and which direction the game should/could take?

The forum is good, but it also moves slow, and often leads to a bit of disjointed discussions, that often times never get to the point of "Okay, so who is doing what? You do this, I do that, and let's convene in a month".
Perhaps an in-game meeting would be what is needed to get the ball rolling.
At the very least a actual debate could be had about these issues, and maybe a little bit of in-game socializing as well.

Host one townhall meeting on a weekend around GMT times, so most Europeans can attend, and then host another at times were it's easier for the Americans to attend. For instance a sunday, around 17.00 GMT, that's before dinnertime and late enough that you can still get some things done during the day.

How about it Gorboth?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Sparkle Townhall meeting!

Post by gorboth » 05 Aug 2012 02:08

I actually tend to agree with Arcon's post that just getting a bunch of opinions on what players want doesn't necessarily bear the type of fruit that leads to good design or happy players. Additionally, my experiences with getting a bunch of players together in a room is almost always chaos, unless there is a roleplay context at work (i.e. Morgul Mage meeting where to speak out of turn might equal disaster.)

I tend to like the Forum, even though it often does result in a lot of trolls or blowhards with bad ideas setting a negative tone. At its best, it also lets people with constructive ideas (Kas and Targun had some great posts lately) put their ideas down in a way that defies interruption and distraction.

So ... town hall meeting - right here - right now! ;-)

Go go go!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Makfly
Champion

Re: Sparkle Townhall meeting!

Post by Makfly » 05 Aug 2012 09:34

gorboth wrote:I actually tend to agree with Arcon's post that just getting a bunch of opinions on what players want doesn't necessarily bear the type of fruit that leads to good design or happy players. Additionally, my experiences with getting a bunch of players together in a room is almost always chaos, unless there is a roleplay context at work (i.e. Morgul Mage meeting where to speak out of turn might equal disaster.)

I tend to like the Forum, even though it often does result in a lot of trolls or blowhards with bad ideas setting a negative tone. At its best, it also lets people with constructive ideas (Kas and Targun had some great posts lately) put their ideas down in a way that defies interruption and distraction.

So ... town hall meeting - right here - right now! ;-)

Go go go!

G.
Fair enough.

It is really hard to find out what it is that you are looking for though.
You really need to set an agenda. Some structure, some direction.
What are YOU looking for?

We players can discuss ideas, but it really doesn't matter what we think is good or bad, as you will eventually have to come in and give it a thumbs up or down anyways.
So to prevent long, fruitless discussions as we've had many of on this forum, put down some markers. Give us some ideas of which way you are leaning, which questions you want answered, tell us what you (the Admin) and the wizard community are talking about/have already discussed.
Provide some structure, so we can avoid wasting too much time on ideas that you're just going to shoot down anyways, if at all possible.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/