The Noob webcomic

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Should we place a banner on The Noob webcomic?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
I don't care
12%

Total votes: 25

Arcon

Re: The Noob webcomic

Post by Arcon » 05 Sep 2012 15:52

How's it going with the banners? Any progress?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 05 Sep 2012 19:37

arcon wrote:How's it going with the banners? Any progress?
None. I've yet to receive a submission for banners.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Sep 2012 03:19

Well I had an idea but I really havent had much time to do anything about it.

But well, like I said before, what I would like to do is an animated banner with perhaps 4 images.

The first 3 images show typical mud text. One line of text / image. The final image shows a version of our web banner with some catchy "come and play "-text.

Maybe I'd be more motivated if I could get some input from others about the idea.

Basically what I had in mind was:

Image 1: You are standing in a clearing, a huge green dragons stands in your way. (white text on black)
Image 2: kill dragon (animated typing, cyan text)
Image 3: Uh, no you dont have the self discipline to dare. (white text on black)
Image 4: Genesis banner, catchy text. "Do YOU dare? - Play Genesis now"

Repeat.

The above is of course just plain boring and really poor, and just serves as an example. So what I would like is some ideas on what could happen in three lines. Basically a text that describes something, a command, and then the outcome of the command. (We could do a few more lines if we have a real good idea).

I think it would be fun if it was something actually existing in Genesis, I also think it would be fun if it's funny... or maybe even mocking text games... I dont know. It has to be catchy somehow. And have some type of punchline at the end banner.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 07 Sep 2012 15:26

Cherek wrote:
Well I had an idea but I really havent had much time to do anything about it.

But well, like I said before, what I would like to do is an animated banner with perhaps 4 images.

The first 3 images show typical mud text. One line of text / image. The final image shows a version of our web banner with some catchy "come and play "-text.

Maybe I'd be more motivated if I could get some input from others about the idea.

Basically what I had in mind was:

Image 1: You are standing in a clearing, a huge green dragons stands in your way. (white text on black)
Image 2: kill dragon (animated typing, cyan text)
Image 3: Uh, no you dont have the self discipline to dare. (white text on black)
Image 4: Genesis banner, catchy text. "Do YOU dare? - Play Genesis now"

Repeat.

The above is of course just plain boring and really poor, and just serves as an example. So what I would like is some ideas on what could happen in three lines. Basically a text that describes something, a command, and then the outcome of the command. (We could do a few more lines if we have a real good idea).

I think it would be fun if it was something actually existing in Genesis, I also think it would be fun if it's funny... or maybe even mocking text games... I dont know. It has to be catchy somehow. And have some type of punchline at the end banner.

Don't forget the dragon fear. Make them paralyzed by fear and and say something like this " Fight back next time! Join Genesis!"

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Sep 2012 16:25

Arcon: Like I said, it was just a sad example. I want something different. Something thats actually good. Thats what I wanted help with.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Sep 2012 18:51

I think these are fun ideas, and I think you should work something up.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Sep 2012 22:56

Yes... but I need help to come up with something funny / selling to write...:)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Sep 2012 13:11

Castaneda: What existing banner? You mean the top part on our current webpage?

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 08 Sep 2012 22:42

A few years ago there was an event in which players sent ideas of banners to AoE. I think that Kuti and Bonk (?) won by creating some cool banners.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Sep 2012 23:39

Rincon wrote:A few years ago there was an event in which players sent ideas of banners to AoE. I think that Kuti and Bonk (?) won by creating some cool banners.
Anyone is welcome to create a banner suggestion.

As for an event... you mean there was a coded event for it? Or people just sent in suggestions and got some type of reward for it?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/