The website and new players

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Jooli
Adept

The website and new players

Post by Jooli » 13 Sep 2012 09:40

At the page https://www.genesismud.org/pages/playnow, or even on the front page, it doesnt say how to connect to the game if not using the online clients. It is too cumbersome to have to search the website to find the login destination: mud.genesismud.org:3011

Strider
Adept

mud.genesismud.org:3011

Post by Strider » 13 Sep 2012 19:58

Jooli wrote:At the page https://www.genesismud.org/pages/playnow, or even on the front page, it doesnt say how to connect to the game if not using the online clients. It is too cumbersome to have to search the website to find the login destination: mud.genesismud.org:3011
As with many of the best advancements, it seems so obvious in retrospect that it can be hard to properly appreciate the genius involved.

Please update the bullet points on the front page and in the list of connection options with the name and port ASAP.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: The website and new players

Post by Cherek » 13 Sep 2012 22:31

Strange how nobody has thought of or mentioned this before. I sure havent reflected over it either.

Anyway, I have fixed it now.

I have also updated the "players"->"sites" page with Ragni's quest page, sorry it took so long Ragni. I also added links to the Crossbearer maps and topmudsites.com sites, and moved some of the older links to an "old" category. And changed so the links now opens in new tabs.

Maybe I'll work on updating some more things.

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 08 Jul 2015 13:20

Seems to be gone again now.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Jul 2015 23:08

Jooli wrote:Seems to be gone again now.
What is? Address to the game?

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 21 Aug 2015 13:09

Yes, the address and port to the server. Even if you want people to use the web client, it should be easilly found on the webpage imo.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 21 Aug 2015 14:43

I second that. I few times i could not find that info on genesis website and it was annoying to look for it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Aug 2015 01:58

Yeah, somehow that's been overlooked... seemed kinda obvious when you pointed it out the first time. I could swear I added it, but clearly it's not there so... either that file got overwritten somehow, or I never uploaded it... either way, I agree it should be clearly visible.

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 23 Aug 2015 01:39

It got fixed, then the website was reorganised, and it went away again.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/