Kickstarter

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Creed

Re: Kickstarter

Post by Creed » 11 Nov 2012 12:47

Yes, that is a very big problem.

And I think one of the main reasons to that, might be that the leaders of guilds actually get more than just work for the guild. They get some kind of extra power in their fighting abilities.

DA generals get the biggest dragon with the most dragonfear. For one.
I believe that the caster guild leaders probably get some interesting spells also, only available at highest level. Might not be only those with the leadership, I don't know.

And then there is the raw feeling of power, to be able to throw others out of the guild, or whatever.
Power corrupts, and I believe a lot of people have fallen into those traps.

A damn shame is what it is.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Nov 2012 17:51

Creed wrote: And I think one of the main reasons to that, might be that the leaders of guilds actually get more than just work for the guild. They get some kind of extra power in their fighting abilities.
I also think that is a part of the "cling on to power" guild leader problem. And understandable. It's hard to let go of power. If all you're letting go of is work and responsibility, its probably easier. On the other hand, guilds that offer no more than that usually switch leaders very often, or doesnt have any at all. So I guess either way it could be a problem.

Creed

Post by Creed » 11 Nov 2012 17:56

Well.. if there is no leader, is a free to join guild.

That would make a lot of things a lot easier.
In the guilds where a leader is wanted by the members, I guess it's less needed to give the leaders extra power.
The drive to play the role of a leader will for many in those guilds be reward enough for the work needed.

So.. if nobody wants to be leader in X guild, because there is only work and no bonus, then make that guild free to join.
If given that "ultimatum", I guess it will be easier to find leaders.
I believe there are many guilds who wants more members, but want to be able to decide who gets in.
Which is what a leader basically do, in my eyes.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Nov 2012 17:58

amberlee wrote: I think you misunderstand me Cherek.
Because of our history i think i expect more of you.
I want you to become what i think you can be..
I might be wrong though.. So there is that.
My problem isnt with you, it is with the political system of genesis as a whole.
People remaining in power because they think its a game in it self.. Hurting those who actually wanting to make a difference.
So when people in charge start having problems with inspiration and productivity... Isnt it then better to leave someone else in charge instead choking the game with their own agendas and petty vendettas?
I also expect more of me.:) And I feel a bit guilty all I usually do is talk and discuss, but well. Talking and discussing is easy, actually doing the work is hard. So big creds to those who have put in a lot of hard work into the game.

About people in charge, no matter if its in guilds or wizards, we should not forget that it is not that often there is anyone around to hand over the reins to. Sometimes people remain in power simply because there's nobody else. Let's hypothetically assume Gorboth wants to become just a regular wizard again and let someone else be keeper. Who would that be? It's like anyone else is really knocking at the door?

When it comes to wizards today, as I have said before, if someone wants to make a change and really has the motivation and energy for it, you'll probably be able to advance pretty quickly. I mean, to be honest, there's not that many wizards around to stand in your way.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/