Kickstarter

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Kickstarter

Post by Arcon » 10 Nov 2012 17:29

amberlee wrote:What planet are you living on Cherek?
The game is designed for 15-20 players.
If there are more, we run out of grinding places.
One goodie team, one evil team.. And some others running around.. And everything is empty all the time.

There is more to the game than grinding, people seem to forget about that. Also there are a lot of "grinding" places, you might think you are too big for most of them but that is just that so called "soft-stat-cap" that is kicking in.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Nov 2012 17:30

And I don't think that Kickstarter is for US people only. The guys at Grim Dawn faced some problems with people from Germany and other countries having problem with donations but they got around it (would have to read their kickstarter blog I think to find the solution they used).

@ Arcon: And what other activities past grinding do you have in Genesis? Roleplaying? You need people for that. Questing? Sure, but that won't last for years...

Really, Genesis is great at lower levels, when you have things to do and have incentive for staying active. For bigger players is there anything but grind?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2012 17:59

One goodie team, one evil team.. And some others running around.. And everything is empty all the time.
If the game is about myths grinding, then you're correct. So everything's fine then? The game is made for 20 people, thats how many plays. A good day. What is everyone complaining about then? If we just added a few more clones of Mithas camps and Ttrolls then everyone can have their own and the game would be perfect.

If the game is about interaction, RP and PVP, its, with the number of guilds and how they work, and the size of the world, made for way more than 20 players. We used to have a 100+ players with way LESS grinding areas, smaller world, and fewer guilds. Dont you remember? Or you mean we were way too many back then and the game sucked because there were "not enough places to grind"? I hardly think so. But I guess if you were about grinding yourself to huge stats maybe the game did suck back then? I dont know. I interacted with other players back then and I didnt grind too much.

But anyway, I often hear that I am "playing another game", "living on another planet", etc. I guess I am still trying to hold on to that idea that the game is about something else than having huge stats and only playing if Mithas/Quali/Ttrolls are filled, or else wait until they are. I know that is what the game is about for some of the most active players today, I also think that type of game is not one that I enjoy playing. And well, I dont, since I find it utterly boring. If I play its for nostalgic reasons, and somewhere hoping the game could become what it once was.

Maybe it's futile, and maybe I should just forget about it and find myself a game that is more suited for me. But as long as I still feel anything for this game I am going to hope that it one day becomes a multiplayer game of interaction, roleplay and pvp. Call me naive if you want.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2012 18:02

Rhaegar wrote:And I don't think that Kickstarter is for US people only. The guys at Grim Dawn faced some problems with people from Germany and other countries having problem with donations but they got around it (would have to read their kickstarter blog I think to find the solution they used).

@ Arcon: And what other activities past grinding do you have in Genesis? Roleplaying? You need people for that. Questing? Sure, but that won't last for years...

Really, Genesis is great at lower levels, when you have things to do and have incentive for staying active. For bigger players is there anything but grind?
Well, I just read on their page, its now no longer US only, US or UK works now.

This is what is says:

To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project as a US creator, you need to meet the following requirements:

—You are 18 years of age or older.*
—You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
—You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
—You have a major US credit or debit card.

To start a project as a UK creator, you need to meet these requirements:

—You are 18 years of age or older.*
—You are a permanent UK resident or a legal entity with a Companies House Number.
—You have a UK address, UK bank account, and government-issued ID (driver’s license or passport).
—You have a major UK credit or debit card.

So your german company probably has a person who's living in US or UK.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 10 Nov 2012 18:20

Rhaegar wrote:

Once upon a time people used to roleplay, hunt for eq, a bit of grinding, hunt/flee other players, work on application/suck up to guilds and just stand around discussing guild policies/politics.

What I think happend was first came more mortal/stat levels and that gave the grinders some more energy, many people that did not like grinding left because they could not or just didn't want to keep up.
Then came the insane armas and saving racks which made eq-hunting almost useless. With armas of 24-30 hours you could always hunt for eq. These changes also helped people to grind faster and more and that made more roleplayers leave and also the people that thought it was fun to hunt for eq.

Just my opinion on "back in the days" vs now.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Nov 2012 18:40

Cherek wrote:
If the game is about myths grinding, then you're correct. So everything's fine then? The game is made for 20 people, thats how many plays. A good day. What is everyone complaining about then? If we just added a few more clones of Mithas camps and Ttrolls then everyone can have their own and the game would be perfect.

If the game is about interaction, RP and PVP, its, with the number of guilds and how they work, and the size of the world, made for way more than 20 players. We used to have a 100+ players with way LESS grinding areas, smaller world, and fewer guilds. Dont you remember? Or you mean we were way too many back then and the game sucked because there were "not enough places to grind"? I hardly think so. But I guess if you were about grinding yourself to huge stats maybe the game did suck back then? I dont know. I interacted with other players back then and I didnt grind too much.

But anyway, I often hear that I am "playing another game", "living on another planet", etc. I guess I am still trying to hold on to that idea that the game is about something else than having huge stats and only playing if Mithas/Quali/Ttrolls are filled, or else wait until they are. I know that is what the game is about for some of the most active players today, I also think that type of game is not one that I enjoy playing. And well, I dont, since I find it utterly boring. If I play its for nostalgic reasons, and somewhere hoping the game could become what it once was.

Maybe it's futile, and maybe I should just forget about it and find myself a game that is more suited for me. But as long as I still feel anything for this game I am going to hope that it one day becomes a multiplayer game of interaction, roleplay and pvp. Call me naive if you want.
The game evolved.. People grew filthy big..
How about you start thinking about how to progressing instead of clinging on to how the game was 10+ years ago?
That kind of thinking does not apply anymore.. You are a wizard.. It is within your power to actually help the game evolve into something good.
But instead of actually doing something, you get stuck here on the forums arguing about how you want things to be done or whatever.
Why are you wizard again?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 10 Nov 2012 19:34

amberlee wrote: But instead of actually doing something, you get stuck here on the forums arguing about how you want things to be done or whatever.
Why are you wizard again?
It's funny to see Rhaegar and Cherek argue here on foums since, as far as i remember, this applies to both of them.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 10 Nov 2012 21:09

Discussion is a valuable way of getting information required to change the game. It allows for a far greater and more elaborate opinioning than any poll ever would. It's also a way for wizards to stay in touch with "reality" after hours spent looking at the code.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2012 22:27

amberlee wrote: Why are you wizard again?
As always, I should know better than to try to discuss things here... There is no need to attack me like you more or less always do lately, just because I dont agree with you. Argue your case if you dont agree, tell me why you dont think we should for work more RP and interaction.Thats one of the main ideas of a discussions forum. You share your opinions and argue for them. I assume you want a game that is mainly about single player grinding? Or do I misunderstand you?

As for being a wizard, if you wanna know, the reason I am a wizard is because I wanted to help get this game back to what it once was. You talk about evolving, well I think evolving in this case would be to return to what we once had. Obviously we should keep the good things that has been done the last years, but what I really want to get back to is a game that is about RP and and interaction, and where PVP is a big part of the game. Now what have I done for this? Well not much, I have done very little as a wizard, but I think a little is better than nothing at least.

So no, I dont think the game has evolved at all. We've headed in the wrong direction and I think we should try to turn around. But thats just what I think. Not everyone has to feel the same way.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Nov 2012 04:04

Cherek wrote:
amberlee wrote: Why are you wizard again?
As always, I should know better than to try to discuss things here... There is no need to attack me like you more or less always do lately, just because I dont agree with you. Argue your case if you dont agree, tell me why you dont think we should for work more RP and interaction.Thats one of the main ideas of a discussions forum. You share your opinions and argue for them. I assume you want a game that is mainly about single player grinding? Or do I misunderstand you?

As for being a wizard, if you wanna know, the reason I am a wizard is because I wanted to help get this game back to what it once was. You talk about evolving, well I think evolving in this case would be to return to what we once had. Obviously we should keep the good things that has been done the last years, but what I really want to get back to is a game that is about RP and and interaction, and where PVP is a big part of the game. Now what have I done for this? Well not much, I have done very little as a wizard, but I think a little is better than nothing at least.

So no, I dont think the game has evolved at all. We've headed in the wrong direction and I think we should try to turn around. But thats just what I think. Not everyone has to feel the same way.
I think you misunderstand me Cherek.
Because of our history i think i expect more of you.
I want you to become what i think you can be..
I might be wrong though.. So there is that.
My problem isnt with you, it is with the political system of genesis as a whole.
People remaining in power because they think its a game in it self.. Hurting those who actually wanting to make a difference.
So when people in charge start having problems with inspiration and productivity... Isnt it then better to leave someone else in charge instead choking the game with their own agendas and petty vendettas?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/