Metalab Wien

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aristos
Veteran

Metalab Wien

Post by Aristos » 20 Jun 2013 15:20

Hello,

There is a computer club in Vienna called "Metalab" (http://www.metalab.at) of which I'm a member of. I recently talked to some of the guys there and it seems I've found an old Genesis player amongst them. After talking for a while, he said he's going to check it out again sometime next week (he's on vacation atm), and recommended that I send out an invitation to the other members via mailing list, which I did. So, I hope I'm able to attract other command-line/rp geeks like me and get them into this wonderful game.

Similar groups exist in other countries, i'm sure, and people are regularly open enough to give it a try. From there on, it's on them and us. If they like it, they keep coming (I did :-) ) and if we maintain our unique atmosphere, they'll stay.

Hoping to see a lot of austrian IP addresses in Genesis,

Aristos.

P.S.

I think most of the information in this forum which could be considered "frustrating", like for example: people saying this isnt working, or that guild is overpowered, or whatever type of comments which common sense would say would not attract a new player, should be available to members of the forum only. When someone is checking out a new MUD, the last thing they want to see is that their current players are disatisfied with it.

Most people can't login directly and start playing (they're at work, in school, don't have the time atm, etc) but anyone can browse a forum to see what the community is like. If they see something attractive, something they could "get into", then the probability of them logging in and checking it out will be higher.

Windemere
Expert

Re: Metalab Wien

Post by Windemere » 20 Jun 2013 16:39

Well,

You need to send a mail in game to Petros to get your account validated on this forum. If we are thinking of people who have not yet been able to login and want to read about it I think that the best solution would be to create an "open" section of the forum that does not require validation to read (perhaps post as well) and then lock the rest of the forum for those who are validated to read/post.

That way we can, as a community, make sure that our comments in the "open" section are more about getting people excited, and then once they are hooked they can join in on the commiseration fest which occurs in the other section. :P

Windemere

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 21 Jun 2013 07:00

It's in the nature of any forum or site where you can comment on something, the people that disagree with something usually have the loudest voices. If you believe the internet, then the whole world is shite ;) To me, the forums show that there are people active, that admin at least comments on things, and that in general, people care enough about the game to actually complain about things.
Caretaker of Arda

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 21 Jun 2013 13:22

eowul wrote:It's in the nature of any forum or site where you can comment on something, the people that disagree with something usually have the loudest voices. If you believe the internet, then the whole world is shite ;) To me, the forums show that there are people active, that admin at least comments on things, and that in general, people care enough about the game to actually complain about things.
Having thought about it before answering, I think you're right. At least we are active, and that's more important than what the active topics are. I'd rather read complaints than a "great job!" post from 2005 ;-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/