New Convention Poster

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: New Convention Poster

Post by gorboth » 03 Sep 2013 23:04

Heh ... we're not revising the art at this point, no. That is done. Now we simply need to add the correct messaging. People who have never played the game aren't going to be looking for a Genesis-specific insignia on this or that guild image.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 04 Sep 2013 01:03

I think the art is adorable.

Hektor: I'm convinced it's Mirkwood Booze in the mug of that mage, which is distilled on elven blood among other things so perhaps some elven ScoP are present in the picture afterall? It surely looks like an acceptable form or essence of a ScoP to me. ;)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 04 Sep 2013 03:25

I think it looks great. My favorite catch phrase, regarding the text for the picture, has already been mentioned before on the forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1COk2tp7dg

Perhaps some derivative of this would be appropriate to include in the picture (e.g. Running on the World's Most Powerful Graphics Chip: Your Imagination! GenesisMud.org")

My second idea is to refer to the game as "old school" (e.g. Old School Gaming. New Friends and Adventures: GenesisMud.org)
Last edited by Habiki on 04 Sep 2013 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 04 Sep 2013 07:15

Habiki wrote: Perhaps some derivative of this would be appropriate to include in the picture (e.g. Running on the World's Most Powerful Graphics Chip: Your Imagination!
This! I like this quote!

A beer for this man!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Sep 2013 02:14

Here is the final version. We came up with a quote for the bottom that was geared specifically to the roleplay gaming convention crowd, just as we did with the image.

We'll eventually get this to our downloads page from the "Promotion" button on the website for everyone to use in their own efforts! Much thanks to Denis Loubet for another great round of work.

G.

Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 25 Sep 2013 03:32

Love it! I actually did a $5 "boost" promotion of the old version of this image from my Facebook page and got 68 likes from 3670 seeing the post (just to give an idea of Facebook advertising)... www.facebook.com/classeverywhere

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 25 Sep 2013 04:31

Im sure everyone here knows gen does have a facebook group Genesis - LP Mud

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 25 Sep 2013 14:20

Very nice! Can't wait to be able to share this around the interwebs.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 27 Sep 2013 03:27

Snowrose wrote:Im sure everyone here knows gen does have a facebook group Genesis - LP Mud
I didn't know that. But then again, I don't use facebook at all :)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/