Artistry, Animations, & YouTube

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Artistry, Animations, & YouTube

Post by Draugor » 30 Jun 2016 10:08

Kalvin Banesword wrote:You see how Draugor took what you said completely out of context and nearly attacked you for insighting about increasing popularity? Go check my most recent post to contradict that level of lonesomeness.

Please do attack me :P

The context is that you're used to WoW and games like it, where you pay for it, they have a professional workforce that actually do nothing else than cater to player needs. We have tons of way way way way more important things to fix on gen than "graphics" and other insane things such as numeric stats and crap.

If the game (according to you ofc) needs numerics, "current english" wich is actually quite horrid, me for one would rather keep 30-40 players as it has been for years and not take in "new" blood so to speak as those two things would completele destroy the feeling of gen

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 30 Jun 2016 15:03

'Don't feed the trolls.'
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 30 Jun 2016 18:57

I've come to ignore Kalvin's posts.
Which is unfortunate.
I've never ignored anyone before.
At least not on the internet.

As for the topic at hand, I may take it upon myself at some point to try and produce my idea..
Anyone know any free image editing software that supports layers, frames, and free drawing?
Like Fireworks, but free?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Jun 2016 19:33

Melarec wrote:I've come to ignore Kalvin's posts.
Which is unfortunate.

As for the topic at hand, I may take it upon myself at some point to try and produce my idea..
Anyone know any free image editing software that supports layers, frames, and free drawing?
Gimp, www.gimp.org, is probably your best bet if you want 100% free.

I think Photoshop is free too for 30 days.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 13 May 2017 22:13

I know this is a bit old, but I just downloaded OpenToonz (an actual animation software) and, as soon as I broach the learning curve, I'll post a proof of concept of my original idea here.
This is something I really wanted to do and I'm looking forward to it.
Hope it turns out..

palaver
Beginner

Post by palaver » 13 May 2017 23:43

Melarec wrote:I've come to ignore Kalvin's posts.
Which is unfortunate.

What could both entertain current players and promote the game is to have a video that shows the scroll (attacking bunnies or whatever) and then show two really different graphic interpretations, both of which are supported by the text. Then you could conclude with a message emphasizing the Genesis player's freedom to imagine game events as s/he wishes.

I have no skills to execute anything like that, but maybe someone else does ...
"When I die, throw me to the wolves. I'm used to it."
- Diogenes the Cynic (trans. Davenport)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 May 2017 23:55

Melarec wrote:I know this is a bit old, but I just downloaded OpenToonz (an actual animation software) and, as soon as I broach the learning curve, I'll post a proof of concept of my original idea here.
This is something I really wanted to do and I'm looking forward to it.
Hope it turns out..
Color me intrigued. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/