Youtube Video

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Youtube Video

Post by Kitriana » 19 Aug 2016 15:20

Hi Peeps

So.. this idea has been floating around for some time now. "Make YouTube videos of Genesis Play"... to help promote the game.
Recently happened upon this gem -- https://youtu.be/keqtSKMil8I -

A lot of us were inspired by the "Roll a D6" Video - https://youtu.be/54VJWHL2K3I and their over 2 million hits... and how great it would be to have an ambassador of sorts .. or face behind the characters ... who would hopefully encourage new players to come check out the game. (Yes, as a female, I acknowledge that its a bit sexist to ask a female player to be this person. But, I think it would be helpful to show that you don't have to look like a nerd to play Genesis).

Each video would be about 5-7 min long. First one would walk a player through the character creation process. Then through all of tutorisle in different segments. Explaining how to do things, quests, sharing tips, help, etc... a lot of the questions people ask on the newbie tell line. If it went well .. we could talk about some ideas for videos in Sparkle. Some of the videos could be walk throughs with explanations. Some of them could just be tips and advice videos that were shorter showing the face of the voice over.

So.... I am seeking a team of individuals to help with this project. If you would like to help out in any way -- please PM me.

1) Individual to be the Ambassador (Preferably in their 20's) - this could even be several individuals who shared the responsibility

2) Verbage Writer -- need person(s) who are good with words and want to contribute compelling/necessary info to share with new players

3) Script Writer --- need a person(s) who can set up scripts that would allow the individual to basically push a button and do a voiceover on what is happening on the screen. That way they can focus on what they are saying. Not busy typing.

4) Tech - people who can help advise and suggest best tools for us to create these videos

Other attempts:
---also found this youtube video ... (This guy tries to log into our game .. but can't because he can't figure out how to create a password using our "security standards" ... maybe someone should relook at that?)

https://youtu.be/NOH0r16sqeg
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kitriana
Champion

Re: Youtube Video

Post by Kitriana » 19 Aug 2016 19:48

We're likely going to be using the Webclient as the mechanism to log into the game .. due to access for new players and the use of the map.
I'm really unfamiliar with it besides checking my mail.
We would really benefit from someone who knows how to use the webclient to its full potential in terms of scripts that allow for pausing -- including use during the character creation process if that is even possible???

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 22 Aug 2016 15:13

Still looking for help ... please contact me here (or if you don't have a forum account in game with an OOC mail)

Thanks!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 09 Nov 2016 01:42

ok .. long awaited..

https://youtu.be/dWnh9ntT7JM

please be kind with your constructive criticism. my ego is fragile on this project.

Big thanks to Dhez and Ody for their help in making this happen.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Nov 2016 04:00

It's great!

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 09 Nov 2016 04:27

Good job!

Dakhor
Apprentice

Post by Dakhor » 09 Nov 2016 11:17

Great job - good clear voice, I would say you dont even need to slow down (something I usually advice fast talking americans)

/DaC - the former TG fan... (Book 5 or 6 and onward is well....)

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 09 Nov 2016 21:02

Are you from Oregon? It's either that or Western Washington..

Good vid, though.. Very well done.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 09 Nov 2016 21:32

Ohio

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 09 Nov 2016 23:07

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/