Shadow Genesis

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Shadow Genesis

Post by Draugor » 18 Nov 2016 06:42

A decent levling guide and that quest solution should have gotten its own site long ago, starting out is a complete bitch.

Boreaulam
Wizard

Post by Boreaulam » 18 Nov 2016 20:34

I am happy to see a new web site pops up.

Quests solutions:
I think there are different types of players. Some are ready to fight through syntax, some are not.
I like http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/brow ... am=Domains more that gives people more hints and description, keeping some secrecy.
But this is my personal choice.

Maps:
Also I am looking that more people will create missing maps or update existing to the changes that are done to Genesis

Leveling guide is great and will help a lot of small players.

Although I think that the site is still on initial state and will require more content. But I like crown sourcing. So GOGOGO!!!

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 19 Nov 2016 14:07

I like it! Looks good! Maybe some links to other sides? Like the youtube videos from Kitrana if she wouldnt mind?

I do understand what Drazson is saying, but lets face it, al lot of these information about gear and questsolutions are already pretty easy to find on the net, so one who wants to find them will find them. Better to have them bundled in a new site, and updated.

But for people who dont want to have full questspoilers and just hints, maybe you can put a link to this side on it too http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/w/page ... 20quite%29
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 19 Nov 2016 19:52

I have no issue with the links to the youtube videos. Very happy for them to get more attention. There is already a link at the bottom of the front page.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 20 Nov 2016 05:23

One of the quest walkthroughs on that page, at the bare minimum, is without the shadow of a doubt mine. I know EXACTLY whom I gave that text to and it sure as shit wasn't someone named Glantri. It was shared because I was bugged, and not for posting on webpages.

Interesting.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 20 Nov 2016 05:50

Dread wrote:One of the quest walkthroughs on that page, at the bare minimum, is without the shadow of a doubt mine. I know EXACTLY whom I gave that text to and it sure as shit wasn't someone named Glantri. It was shared because I was bugged, and not for posting on webpages.

Interesting.
How can you be so sure? Certainly most quest docs look similar.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 20 Nov 2016 07:27

One of those walkthroughs is identical to the contents of a sent message in my mailbox here on the forums. Including a line that is specifically written by me, pertaining to me, and would have to be one HELL of a coincidence.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 20 Nov 2016 18:23

You all realize those quest solutions have been online for the public to see for over 10+ years?

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 20 Nov 2016 18:29

And after browsing through it... at least one quest (Serpentine Ring in Edoral) is a walkthrough that's been irrelevant unless one is extremely lucky for the same amount of time.

#devil'sadvocate

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 20 Nov 2016 18:46

Zestana wrote:And after browsing through it... at least one quest (Serpentine Ring in Edoral) is a walkthrough that's been irrelevant unless one is extremely lucky for the same amount of time.

#devil'sadvocate
not irrelevant - just something like 50-50 chance every arma :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/