Reddit comments

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Reddit comments

Post by Kitriana » 15 Jan 2017 23:26

So someone just posted the following on Reddit Forum:
-----------------------
Let me start by apologizing for making another of these "looking for x,y,x MUD" threads. I've searched the past posts in this subreddit and haven't found exactly what I want yet.

I'm a long time D&D player (2.0, 3.5, and Pathfinder) and RPG gamer (pretty much every major PC RPG since ~1988). I'm just now getting into MUDs and trying to find a home-MUD that fits my criteria. What I'm looking for:

Interesting fantasy setting
Roleplaying (not necessarily RP-enforced but it's a bonus)
Sandbox game elements (crafting, government, etc.)
Unique / one-of-a-kind items or weapons ("artifacts")
Deep character development
Engaging combat
Puzzles
SECRETS
Quests

So far I've tried Genesis, Forgotten Kingdoms, and am now trying Armageddon.

Genesis seems promising, but dropping items on logout seems really strange. How can I ever build up an epic-level character with powerful artifact items and gear?

Forgotten Kingdoms had a lot of great keywords, like "Forgotten Realms" and "D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder", but the character creation process really gave me a bad impression. Hard to navigate menus and strange, seemingly-incomplete sections of text.

Armageddon also seems quite promising, especially on the roleplay front - but I'm wondering if there are many (or any) puzzles to solve, secrets to find, or "artifacts" to find.
-----------------------------------

I'm curious how some of you'd respond to his query regarding Genesis and our Armour/Weapon saving feature .. or lack thereof.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Ody
Hero

Re: Reddit comments

Post by Ody » 16 Jan 2017 03:30

Simple. It provides something new. Why would you explore different loadouts when you get to keep everything? Find a set that works for your "class" and then never change it. In Genesis there's a challenge of trying to find loadouts that work for you and that you can get.

As well as encouraging people to help each other via guild racks.

Also one can make an argument that it's more immersive. One does not go to their bunk wearing a full set of armours and using a sword as a teddy bear.

Berwyn
Veteran

Re: Reddit comments

Post by Berwyn » 22 May 2018 14:06

Genesis fulfills all of mentioned criteria imho. As for dropping thingies upon passing into nethers - that's part of roleplay. You go dreaming about your character and when you wake up you have to dress it again in its shiny armour. If you going to make it epic you have to work on it and eventually you may enjoy your live or undead legend.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/