Google Chrome Webstore

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sylphan
Veteran

Re: Google Chrome Webstore

Post by sylphan » 21 Jun 2018 15:53

Cherek wrote:A fan page contest you say. I don't know, I get the idea and it sounds like it could perhaps work, but I think player-created sites should have no connection to the "official Genesis" stuff. Such a page, like Shadow Genesis, is likely to hold a bunch of information we could not officially post on our website, so I don't think we should have any part in it's creation either. You're perfectly free to hold a contest though!
Isn't this ground now being covered by the Discord channel(s)? Maybe not - honest question.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 21 Jun 2018 16:18

Cherek wrote:This happened a year ago Berwyn. We have received several real reviews since then, most positive. I also did contact Google and reported the fake accounts when this happened. Never got a reply, but as far as I can see those reviews are no longer present. I do not know if they have been removed by Google or the upset player. That said, it's of course always good to encourage current players who like Genesis to leave good reviews.

A fan page contest you say. I don't know, I get the idea and it sounds like it could perhaps work, but I think player-created sites should have no connection to the "official Genesis" stuff. Such a page, like Shadow Genesis, is likely to hold a bunch of information we could not officially post on our website, so I don't think we should have any part in it's creation either. You're perfectly free to hold a contest though!
There is this flashing review on topmudsites.com by the said player, in the style: GENESIS: BEWARE.

Angmar had lovely oldschool website where rooms were links and you travelled through. No secrets revealed. It would definitely win the contest.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 22 Jun 2018 00:39

Berwyn wrote:So in conclusion, we have shut down a Genesis fanpage, got rid of a few involved players who got angry and started a campaign full of grief and resentment. Now it's time to deal with the consequences.

I suppose it would be proper to apologise and explain why we had to make them leave. Perhaps somebody should write a note of explanation to the reviewer. Then we could possibly ask the remaining players to write some other reviews, positive for sure; ] And as a next step maybe we could encourage players to create a Genesis fanpage, maybe a contest for best website or similar would do the trick. This should solve the problem...

b.
Apologize for what? Admins following the rules and getting rid of a player and his groupies who have ruined countless hours and days of gaming for others, broke rule after rule and probably have the worst reputation for cheating and harassment (including sexual) combined since this game was released?

Kitriana did respond to the only two posts on the account "Glantri" for TopMud and responded to several on the Chrome Store. We've had lots of positive reviews before and after the little outburst and the only consequences due to that group leaving is many many people so much happier.

Most people in the MUD community use Mudlistings.com these days as it combines all the more popular sites and reddit on one platform. We have outstanding reviews there from a few people but more are always welcomed. The more times unique ID's view our page we can be popped up on the most viewed list, we were number 3 for quite some time but with little traffic/promotion we fell down.

I do miss the old fanpages where people would post entries about what scuffles/wars the guild has gone through lately. It would be really interesting to see those pages and the various others like them come back, but the problem is there really aren't any guild wars these days due to various reasons. Even still if some players were creative enough I could see a resurgence of these, but I doubt most would be interested unless like you stated it was some kind of event.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 22 Jun 2018 12:34

Well, yes, this looks terrible from your perspective, I just wanted to sort it out professional way. But if you feel offended, no reason to handle a review and a grief campaign. We all know what grows in stale bread, all sorts of things.

b.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 22 Jun 2018 16:13

Berwyn wrote:Well, yes, this looks terrible from your perspective, I just wanted to sort it out professional way. But if you feel offended, no reason to handle a review and a grief campaign. We all know what grows in stale bread, all sorts of things.

b.
Not sure what I'm suppose to be offended about, I'm more curious as to why you think a year old buried problem all of a sudden needs to be sorted out professionally.

Guess just a thread necro troll campaign.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 22 Jun 2018 18:27

Sure, I would do something about that nasty review, the remains of this grief campaign. It's still there, fresh I think and people read it. Do you have any suggestions how to handle it? Unless you had something to do with it.

b.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Jun 2018 20:15

Berwyn wrote:Sure, I would do something about that nasty review, the remains of this grief campaign. It's still there, fresh I think and people read it. Do you have any suggestions how to handle it? Unless you had something to do with it.

b.
I appreciate that you try to suggest solutions Berwyn, but in this case I think the best thing to do is to leave it be. I think we are more likely to open old wounds than to succeed in something useful by digging up this old issue again.

Getting more positive reviews is the best thing to do I think. So if you, or others, want to help, answer in the forum like Kitriana did, or post your own positive reviews about Genesis anywhere you can. Those things truly help a lot, and does not take a lot of time.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/