Google Chrome Webstore

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Google Chrome Webstore

Post by Kitriana » 30 Jun 2017 13:29

So.. someone has decided to take it upon themselves to create a whole bunch of profiles and leave 1 star reviews on Google chrome webstore in the last 4 days.
Its pretty clear that considering these profiles have ONLY posted a single review for Genesis Mud .. and that they all just happened to pop up in the last 4 days.. commenting on one another and marking the reviews as helpful .. that they are a single individual who is creating a smear campaign against Genesis.

I would ask a favor -- please if you are so inclined -- please go write a positive review with your thoughts about Genesis. It would help if the "most helpful" or recent reviews were of a positive nature .. and not the crap this person is posting.

Thanks in advance.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Google Chrome Webstore

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Jun 2017 13:46

I saw ur msg about it on discord and tried to follow the link u posted on there to leave a +ve review.
But couldn't actually work out how to.
Tapping on the stars etc not take me there.

So where do we need to go/ what do we need to do to leave a review?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 30 Jun 2017 13:46

Kitriana wrote:So.. someone has decided to take it upon themselves to create a whole bunch of profiles and leave 1 star reviews on Google chrome webstore in the last 4 days.
Its pretty clear that considering these profiles have ONLY posted a single review for Genesis Mud .. and that they all just happened to pop up in the last 4 days.. commenting on one another and marking the reviews as helpful .. that they are a single individual who is creating a smear campaign against Genesis.

I would ask a favor -- please if you are so inclined -- please go write a positive review with your thoughts about Genesis. It would help if the "most helpful" or recent reviews were of a positive nature .. and not the crap this person is posting.

Thanks in advance.
What a coincidence that this pops up right after the latest deletions.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Jun 2017 13:53

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I saw ur msg about it on discord and tried to follow the link u posted on there to leave a +ve review.
But couldn't actually work out how to.
Tapping on the stars etc not take me there.

So where do we need to go/ what do we need to do to leave a review?
Ok -- So basically you needed to be logged into google Chrome store with an active profile. Then go to reviews.
Then on the right hand side .. it says "Rate this application"
Click on the number of stars you want to give the game .. and then it will give you an optional box to write a review.
Then click on publish.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Jun 2017 13:56

Makfly wrote: What a coincidence that this pops up right after the latest deletions.
The timing coincidence and the content of the reviews does not escape me. But a positive review campaign including marking YES did the review help you on the positive ones And NO on the these smear campaign reviews -- should certainly help balance new prospective player's ideas about the game who might be coming to Genesis through the webclient.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Jun 2017 15:11

I've notified the admin and AoP and suggested to contact Google Chrome Store support. It's pretty obvious what this is, and it should be easy to see that these accounts all have been created recently only to post bad reviews about Genesis.

I am also hitting "Was this helpful - No" and "Mark as spam and abuse". If we all do that perhaps it will make those reviews weigh less in the rankings?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 03 Jul 2017 04:28

It seems the smear campaign continues :

http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7666

Kwevin
Veteran

Post by Kwevin » 03 Jul 2017 07:13

You can have 9 nice people and then a single idiot spoils it all.
Oh, ain't that the truth...
Alea iacta est. Serius regredi est.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 21 Jun 2018 14:25

So in conclusion, we have shut down a Genesis fanpage, got rid of a few involved players who got angry and started a campaign full of grief and resentment. Now it's time to deal with the consequences.

I suppose it would be proper to apologise and explain why we had to make them leave. Perhaps somebody should write a note of explanation to the reviewer. Then we could possibly ask the remaining players to write some other reviews, positive for sure; ] And as a next step maybe we could encourage players to create a Genesis fanpage, maybe a contest for best website or similar would do the trick. This should solve the problem...

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Jun 2018 15:08

This happened a year ago Berwyn. We have received several real reviews since then, most positive. I also did contact Google and reported the fake accounts when this happened. Never got a reply, but as far as I can see those reviews are no longer present. I do not know if they have been removed by Google or the upset player. That said, it's of course always good to encourage current players who like Genesis to leave good reviews.

A fan page contest you say. I don't know, I get the idea and it sounds like it could perhaps work, but I think player-created sites should have no connection to the "official Genesis" stuff. Such a page, like Shadow Genesis, is likely to hold a bunch of information we could not officially post on our website, so I don't think we should have any part in it's creation either. You're perfectly free to hold a contest though!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/