View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 23 Jul 2019 06:00

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PC Gamer 
Author Message
Champion
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:46
Posts: 627
Location: United Kingdom
I'm getting very excited!! :) :D :D :D :D

_________________
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.


11 Jul 2018 14:02
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2759
Draugor wrote:
103 players online when I went to bed :S Its like a flashback to -00 or something, can we even accomodate that with the for some reason required quests without everyone having to wait for hours to have em reset? :P


The newbie area can accomodate for it thanks to instancing. But I guess if hundreds of people try to quest I'm the real game at the same time it will be an issue. But trying to find something to grind will probabaly be even harder, so.... we'll just have to remove grinding from the game!:)


11 Jul 2018 16:13
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1754
Cherek wrote:
Draugor wrote:
103 players online when I went to bed :S Its like a flashback to -00 or something, can we even accomodate that with the for some reason required quests without everyone having to wait for hours to have em reset? :P


The newbie area can accomodate for it thanks to instancing. But I guess if hundreds of people try to quest I'm the real game at the same time it will be an issue. But trying to find something to grind will probabaly be even harder, so.... we'll just have to remove grinding from the game!:)


Oooor! Ooooooor! Remove the forced annoying quests and add more actual content that dont piss most players off :P


Last edited by Draugor on 11 Jul 2018 18:22, edited 1 time in total.



11 Jul 2018 17:26
Profile
Myth

Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Posts: 1364
Location: Kristiansund, Norway
Draugor wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Draugor wrote:
103 players online when I went to bed :S Its like a flashback to -00 or something, can we even accomodate that with the for some reason required quests without everyone having to wait for hours to have em reset? :P


The newbie area can accomodate for it thanks to instancing. But I guess if hundreds of people try to quest I'm the real game at the same time it will be an issue. But trying to find something to grind will probabaly be even harder, so.... we'll just have to remove grinding from the game!:)


Oooor! Ooooooor! Remove the forced annoying quests and add more actual contant that dont piss most players off :P



hear hear!

_________________
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.


11 Jul 2018 18:18
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2759
I am gonna do a new grinding area with twice the Xp of GK, and each time you want to visit it you need to finish a Cadu-maze kind of quest first. Best of two worlds!:)


12 Jul 2018 10:06
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1754
Cherek wrote:
I am gonna do a new grinding area with twice the Xp of GK, and each time you want to visit it you need to finish a Cadu-maze kind of quest first. Best of two worlds!:)



Well its a 50% good idea so thats improvement :P


12 Jul 2018 11:31
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 30 Jun 2017 11:27
Posts: 58
I'm ok with maze like quest ;)


12 Jul 2018 19:11
Profile
Novice

Joined: 08 Jul 2018 23:26
Posts: 3
Hi All,
I'm one of the new joiners from the PC gamer articles. I, like many, had a foray into MUDs in the late 90s early 00s, and then again a few years ago (the discworld one in particular) but never came across Genesis at the time. To be honest, I tried it mostly out of spite due to the first PC Gamer article - I like PC gamer, but it annoys me no end when they post a 'I couldn't do it so this game is rubbish' article.

I'm really enjoying it, having a proper map and it being relatively straight forward in terms of no needlessly complicated systems is nice. Then when I read about all the different worlds I was truly wowed - I cannot WAIT to get to Gondor!

All that being said, I did nearly get put off a few times due to a few bits that got a bit frustrating. As a previous Mudder, I honestly understand (and agree with) the 'don't expect this to be WoW' mind set - it's why I chose to play a MUD. However, with so much choice of gaming these days, what would have been 'I'll work this out if it takes me all night' now turns into 'I'm getting frustrated, lets see whats on steam'. More than that, it seems that people on the forum wish it to have a wider reach, and for that I believe it needs to have some of the conveniences we have now.

For instance, having a 'loot' command that picks up everything from killed corpses would be great - I know you could alias it, but having it from the start with a sign that says 'once you've defeated enemies, type loot to pick everything up' would be common sense by today's standard. I know the equipment/inventory and logging off thing is something that's been debated a lot before, but I honestly think it's needlessly complicated and will really, really annoy a returning player if they've not jumped through the hoops and find all their stuff is gone. Regardless of what meta reasons there are, for the new player it's just 'logged in -> stuff I worked hard for gone -> quit'. More than that, for all the info, it might be better to have a few screens of 'enforced text' that come up - no reading signs, just 'FooBar the mad shouts at you 'LOOT CORPSES AFTER KILLING THEM BY TYPING 'loot'!'

Anyway, I can't wait to get more involved, and if anyone did want to hear more thoughts from someone who is both an olde Mudder and a newbie do let me know.


12 Jul 2018 21:01
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1754
Bim wrote:
Hi All,
I'm one of the new joiners from the PC gamer articles. I, like many, had a foray into MUDs in the late 90s early 00s, and then again a few years ago (the discworld one in particular) but never came across Genesis at the time. To be honest, I tried it mostly out of spite due to the first PC Gamer article - I like PC gamer, but it annoys me no end when they post a 'I couldn't do it so this game is rubbish' article.

I'm really enjoying it, having a proper map and it being relatively straight forward in terms of no needlessly complicated systems is nice. Then when I read about all the different worlds I was truly wowed - I cannot WAIT to get to Gondor!

All that being said, I did nearly get put off a few times due to a few bits that got a bit frustrating. As a previous Mudder, I honestly understand (and agree with) the 'don't expect this to be WoW' mind set - it's why I chose to play a MUD. However, with so much choice of gaming these days, what would have been 'I'll work this out if it takes me all night' now turns into 'I'm getting frustrated, lets see whats on steam'. More than that, it seems that people on the forum wish it to have a wider reach, and for that I believe it needs to have some of the conveniences we have now.

For instance, having a 'loot' command that picks up everything from killed corpses would be great - I know you could alias it, but having it from the start with a sign that says 'once you've defeated enemies, type loot to pick everything up' would be common sense by today's standard. I know the equipment/inventory and logging off thing is something that's been debated a lot before, but I honestly think it's needlessly complicated and will really, really annoy a returning player if they've not jumped through the hoops and find all their stuff is gone. Regardless of what meta reasons there are, for the new player it's just 'logged in -> stuff I worked hard for gone -> quit'. More than that, for all the info, it might be better to have a few screens of 'enforced text' that come up - no reading signs, just 'FooBar the mad shouts at you 'LOOT CORPSES AFTER KILLING THEM BY TYPING 'loot'!'

Anyway, I can't wait to get more involved, and if anyone did want to hear more thoughts from someone who is both an olde Mudder and a newbie do let me know.


Well "alias loot get all from corpse" then again I suppose the alias useage is alittle to swiftly explained...

I agree on the items for newbies, but there's a reason, big people can just make an alt and use as a personal rack. I'd propose that items that you quitted out with as such e soulbound untill arma for that person.


13 Jul 2018 05:30
Profile
Myth

Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Posts: 1364
Location: Kristiansund, Norway
Cherek wrote:
I am gonna do a new grinding area with twice the Xp of GK, and each time you want to visit it you need to finish a Cadu-maze kind of quest first. Best of two worlds!:)



I will actually come find you and slap you with a trout in true Monty Python style..

_________________
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.


13 Jul 2018 07:03
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.