PC Gamer - screenshots needed

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

PC Gamer - screenshots needed

Post by gorboth » 03 Aug 2018 23:47

Esteemed fellow Genesis Enthusiasts,

I have just completed a very enjoyable 45 minute interview with a writer who has been asked to do a feature for PC Gamer UK. Unlike the recent articles that have talked a bit about Genesis, this is meant to be a 2,000 word feature which goes in-depth about the game, features screenshots, and much more deeply explores the Genesis gaming experience. The author hopes to discuss both what makes the game so special and worth playing to those who find it, and also what the wizards have done over the last decade to try to continue to improve and support the design of the game, and keep things fresh and compelling.

One of the things a PC Gamer article (this will be featured in the print-version) needs is good screenshots. With our game, that is a bit of a head scratcher! He, of course, wanted as many good-quality things that I could send him that Denis Loubet has done for us. That is the easy part. The more challenging part is to find some useful screenshots of our game in action.

So! I would like to reach out to you, our community, to see what we can come up with. This thread is meant to be a place you can do your part to help with this. Please - using the games official client (sorry, we will not want to feature your own highly-modded mudlet interfaces for this) see what you can do to come up with the very best screenshot of the game. What I think that might include:
  • What you think is the best magic map image in the game in the map window
  • A good example of interesting gameplay or human roleplay in the text window
  • Not a bunch of spam or client trigger type messaging
  • A nice clear, clean image with good image quality
Please post them here! Who knows ... your own screenshot might just appear in PC Gamer. :-)

Thanks!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth
Wizard

Re: PC Gamer - screenshots needed

Post by Greneth » 04 Aug 2018 06:39

Some fun ideas someone might want to do is:

*Take a few people to Icewall for a Snowball fight.
*Become a dragon and take flight in the new Krynn area
*The Frog Kissing Quest ending was always amusing to me
*Parts of the Delphonia Temple Quest are really cool too

[Edited for content]

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 04 Aug 2018 07:23

(Gorboth! really exciting stuff happening.)

[thx! - Ed]

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 04 Aug 2018 08:25

- Perform a bespoke initiation into the Morgul Mages just for the article and cut it right at the '... orbs....' spot.

I don't know if it would show something that is considered a secret, but I think it would be good to show some of the coolest of what Genesis has to offer, especially when it's from a fantasy universe the most people are bound to already know from the books and movies.
Ofcourse the whole thing cannot be included in one screenshot, but just the last part should be able to fit, I think.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Aug 2018 10:29

Interesting ideas ... make those screenshots! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Aug 2018 13:27

General combat-spam is probably really boring, but I think we have plenty of cool areas and quests that probably can offer some really good screenshots. And showing some interaction between players is probably a very good idea too. Perhaps a team about to take on some big boss? Or two people trying to work out some of our better quests? Morgul stairs is a pretty cool co-op quest that I always found both fun and scary for example. Or someone traveling through a well-written and easy-to-recognize area? Like something from Krynn or Middle Earth? Both domains have plenty of cool NPCs people would recognize from books/movies. An interaction with Fizban maybe? Or some well-known char from Middle Earth?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Aug 2018 17:16

I have edited and deleted numerous posts. Let's keep this thread useful, please.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Daerin
Apprentice

Post by Daerin » 07 Aug 2018 07:52

As I said in the other thread, a screenshot of when Death complains that you have ruined another body and Lars have to argue to get you reincarnated.

Its original material, a slight hint of humor, and its a scene most people will see sooner or later. And it will fit in one screenshot I think.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 07 Aug 2018 08:50

Daerin wrote:As I said in the other thread, a screenshot of when Death complains that you have ruined another body and Lars have to argue to get you reincarnated.
I enjoyed the concept VERY freaking much, wouldn't spoil THAT of all things. Otherwise I agree, it's awesome.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/