Bringing back old players

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Bringing back old players

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2010 15:33

Tarx: Uh, I didnt go mass suicidal before wizzing. Dont know where you got that from. I did betray the knights and join the BDA but that was a pretty long time before wizzing, was unrelated, and didnt involve more than one death (when leaving knights).

Oh yes, wizzing was a mistake, no kidding about that. I wish there had been a way to test wizzing without sacrifing your main mortal. I am glad they changed that, but it still sucks for us who wizzed before the change. But there is nothing to do about it now. It's no secret I didnt agree with many of the wizard rules and how it works upstairs and I still dont, but I dont wanna go down that path again. Its out of my hands, and it was never in my hands for that matter.:)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Aug 2010 00:17

tapakah wrote:Of twelve mortals currently online I see:
Anahita, Celephias, Ekkehard, Karpath, Varulg.

Almost half of the population are the comebacks!
Yay!

N.B. Recently Istrbitl and Cindy have been spotted.
Now we need to start bugging some of the other folks we know are still out there lurking:

Didelith
Cromm
Barin
Kithkanan
Garwain
Caradhras
Halb
Panthan
Pharaxes
Castaneda
Cerlion
Krewl
Valsavis
Maureenanne

And so many many more ... lets get on the horn to these folks. Do you know 'em RL? Facebook?

Celephias, Tharizdun, and Cindy I all contacted personally, and they responded by returning to the game. Go get 'em, team!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Aug 2010 05:12

Hmm... Didelith and Barin got married, I think, and play WoW together... Kithkanan lost his ability to play games at job from what I remember... Garwain I think got tired because he could not harvest dwarven skulls (he was roleplaying the good ogre, friend of neidars, and there are no evil dwarves in the amount ogres need)... Pharaxes was pretty pissed the last time we talked (because he loved to grind and Genesis didn't give him enough grinding points, was tired of having to compete with Irk's team for grinding)... Maureenanne was tired of politics, and doesn't want to play anymore...

I guess I can contact some... I got like 30 or 40 names in ICQ, but only see two or three online, all others have already left.

Doesn't Genesis have the registered mails for some players? There is a forum where I am that, after a month you haven't logged in, sends you a mail saying "We miss you at Genesis!". Maybe something similar could be done, maybe for those that have been away for 6 months or more...

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 12 Aug 2010 08:09

Caradhras as you know Gorboth I doubt will return, but I think if anyone should try it should be you!

Valsavis never really quit. [removed to protect RL anonymity] I believe the last time I spoke with him he said he'd be back to playing more regularly in late fall.

Krewlie.... well Krewlie will come back, he's never stayed away that long.

Maureenanne, I spoke with her not to long ago when she logged into Genesis. I sadly don't see her returning anytime soon, especially with a certain player who has been causing havoc in game (we all know who) back to activity.

Another former oldie who was did not have the best reputation but was extremely friendly toward Newbies... Blond is [removed to protect anonymity] but I can try contacting her again.

[moderator - we shouldn't post RL details about players. Let them do that for themselves. Thanks!]

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 12 Aug 2010 17:26

With Caradhras, I think they key may actually be people *other* than myself bugging him. ;-)

Go get Blond! :D

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 12 Aug 2010 18:07

Imagine what a more focused mailing campaign might bring back, if you managed to bring back 3 players on your own. :)

I'll list some names of people I have no contact with anymore, but that I used to play with quite a bit, and would like to see back in the game. Perhaps some of you out there might know how to contact them:

Dethraine
Twolf
Deproelius
Crystania
Stiel
Hobus
Carpus
Per
Guinevere

There are tons more, but these are just who I thought of, off the top of my head.

Anyone know them in real life and might be able to contact them?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Aug 2010 18:35

what is that "real life" you keep referring to?

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 12 Aug 2010 19:44

Laurel wrote:what is that "real life" you keep referring to?
First rule of Real Life is, that you do not talk about Real Life.
The second rule of Real Life is, that you DO NOT talk about Real Life...
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 12 Aug 2010 20:17

How about anyone who knows how to get in touch with...

Dionysos
Mariuz
Morrison
Dameon
Tad
Zingil (haven't seen him around for a time)
Icarus (or other chars)
Aiguchi (I know he just had a kid in RL not to long ago but maybe he'd return?)
Zagar

Then has anyone heard of any people who wizzed and didn't like it....

Silsandor?
Ares?

I see Ares around from time to time always waiting for a day he can return to a mortal life with that specific character.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 12 Aug 2010 20:26

I know Tad, Kit, and Cuitlahac in rl. Tad probably won't return, but if a few friends tried to contact him on facebook, it might work. Kit would be interested if the changes piqued his interest.

Tad- Tim Callahan
Kit- Sean Fornelli

they're the chubby ones lol

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/