Bringing back old players

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Bringing back old players

Post by Rhynox » 12 Aug 2010 20:37

I got Mortis' email somewhere, and I think I used to have Aiguchi (sent him a gmail invitation years ago, not sure if I still have it or already purged it).

Fornax
Greenhorne

Post by Fornax » 12 Aug 2010 20:55

Ilrahil wrote:Dionysos
Mariuz
Morrison
Don't think they'll return anytime soon. I'll ask tho.
Makfly wrote:Guinevere
She checks in from time to time. I'll ask the next time I talk to her :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Aug 2010 21:42

Ilrahil wrote: Zingil (haven't seen him around for a time)
I miss him ... and Gothmog ... :|

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Aug 2010 23:15

I got Gothmog on ICQ, he has listed a mail address there but his website is nowhere to be found.

Acionyx
Novice

Post by Acionyx » 12 Aug 2010 23:20

Laurel wrote:
True. I really, really miss them... :cry: Great Friends and great role-players ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 12 Aug 2010 23:22

Dethraine [removed to protect anonymity] from what I understand. I spoke to Talmeir and Raph awhile back trying to get them to come back.. they were [removed to protect anonymity] themselves. And when I first returned.. they popped in as new characters for a bit.. but lost interest. Not sure why..

But I know Talmeir is [removed to protect anonymity].

I can ask them about Dethraine -- as i know they are [removed to protect anonymity]

I spoke to Alto.. he mentioned he popped in a couple years ago with a new character and was disappointed by the "deadness" of the game in the US late hours. So he lost interest. Tried pulling him back .. but he seems involved in rl matters now.

I'll try poking around for other names.. but I think from a US/Canada perspective.. its a tough sell with the game so empty in those hours. Its hard to convince people to want to play when almost no one is around during that time. I recall someone mentioning having a "come back weekend or week".. i think that would actually be a cool idea. So then it would direct people to return during the same week or weekend. And then people would actually be around that they might want to see.

[moderator - RL details should be left to individuals to reveal about themselves]
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 13 Aug 2010 00:08

Acionyx wrote:
Laurel wrote:
True. I really, really miss them... :cry: Great Friends and great role-players ...
Gothmog and Grampal were some of my all-time favorites on Genesis.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Aug 2010 00:26

Cotillion introcuded myself, Matrim, Rex, Per, Huan, Faryan and a bunch of others into the game. Falkor, Miclo, Xogh, and several more from the same city (Ive forgotten their char names, sorry!) also used to play and meet iRL. Fun times.

Today Cotillion, Rex (new char) and myself (new char) remain, Ive seen Falkor and his alter egos a few times I think, but the rest are probably gone for good as far as I know. Though I did see a "Per" in the game some year ago. Wonder if it was the old Per or a new one.

I knew some of the people pretty well iRL, went to the same class in school and so, but after graduation most of us lost contact. I have no idea what they are doing know and wouldnt know how to contact them, but with facebook and some research it might be possible if you put some effort into it. "Xogh" (I think he was Tarasin or something similar also) is still a good friend so I could possibly have him get back an try it out again. As many, he also got [removed to protect anonymity]

Would be fun with a "reunion" day/week Genesis event, or something, that we could spefically invite people to. Just "come back and play" probably has pretty slim odds off succeeding I think. But come back and speak to old friends might work. With luck some will "accidently" get hooked again...:)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Aug 2010 17:58

Please, everyone ...

When we discuss this, we should not reveal RL information about players that we know. That is for them to do for themselves. Thank you to the player who helped me remember this fact that should have been obvious to me! (I hope I'm not too guilty of it myself ...)

Thanks!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Aug 2010 18:07

Wonder why my "He got WOW-addicted.." sentance was removed though... No RL information in my post since I didnt feel okay revealing any in the first place...

Go easy on the [word deleted]-button!:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/