The Crusade

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Re: The Crusade

Post by Fourtcoer » 03 Jun 2010 00:16

Rhaegar - yes, I've read the Dragonlance Chronicles as well as the Legend of Huma - and some other Dragonlance-themed novels, I can't recall - it's been years.

Are they "good"? In the literary sense, probably not. :lol: But they are a FUN read, and certainly worth reading for anyone who plays Genesis.

IMO, every Genesis player should read Lord of the Rings Triology and the Dragonlance Chronicles. The Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula LeGuin would be a bonus read. :)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 03 Jun 2010 00:32

I've read the Chronicles, Legends and many more books related to Dragonlance (was RDA officer in the past, so had to do my homework), LeGuin and Tolkien are staple books in my home library (I even have 2 versions of each of Tolkien's books, one in english and one in my native language).
I asked specifically about the Dragonships series:

This stuff is new to me and I'm considering buying it too (damn it, I'm reading 3-4 books per week and the number of them still waiting to be read is constantly growing).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 03 Jun 2010 00:34

Good read. I liked it anyway when I read it about 5 months ago.

Fourtcoer
Wanderer

Post by Fourtcoer » 03 Jun 2010 00:36

Oh, my brain just automatically filled in "Dragonlance" when I read your question. Sorry!

Now that I am back into Genesis maybe I'll pick that up as well. I could use a good entertaining fluff read about now, honestly!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 03 Jun 2010 06:22

In Japan there are a lot of people who study English and prepare themselves to take the TOEFL or TOEIC exams (depending on their aim), so I wrote a blog entry suggesting Genesis as a way to practice it (mostly in English, since I still don't know the gaming terminology in Japanese). Not much, and not sure whether anyone ever checked the mud at all (at least some read it d(^0^)b) but it was another bean.

Aeg
Wizard

Post by Aeg » 03 Jun 2010 14:25

Put advertisement fliers in any 'addictive personality' self-help books.
Might snag a few.
:)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Jun 2010 18:43

Stay on topic, please.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/