Racial guild for evilaligned hobbits

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Racial guild for evilaligned hobbits

Post by gorboth » 26 Aug 2010 22:16

Code: Select all

> exa gollum
This spindly, twisting creature smirks at you. It has once been a hobbit, but now it bears little resemblance to that merry race. Its huge, glaring eyes gleam in dull yellow, as it watches your every move. Even though he grovels before you, you sense the danger he represents.
> pat gollum
You pat Gollum on his head.
Gollum gnaws on a fish bone.
Gollum says: So sssad, they stole It from poor Smeagol.
There you go. ;-)
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 26 Aug 2010 22:28

gorboth wrote:

Code: Select all

> exa gollum
This spindly, twisting creature smirks at you. It has once been a hobbit, but now it bears little resemblance to that merry race. Its huge, glaring eyes gleam in dull yellow, as it watches your every move. Even though he grovels before you, you sense the danger he represents.
> pat gollum
You pat Gollum on his head.
Gollum gnaws on a fish bone.
Gollum says: So sssad, they stole It from poor Smeagol.
There you go. ;-)
G.

Sssseems me got sssssome exploring to do.....my precious...*sniff*
//Emma's overseer

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 28 Aug 2010 11:03

Back to topic.
Hobbits are only race, what don't have neutral racial guild. Pls, remove restriction of aligment from kenders or/and advertusome hobbits. I'm trying to RP in krynn, as Templar, and have no options for racial guilds. That sucks, cause other races can have racial guild no matter what aligment they have.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 28 Aug 2010 11:40

Ilrahil wrote:I agree. Adventuresome hobbits should be neutral. Hobbits tried very hard to stay hidden from the realm of the big folk. Not concerning themselves with wars. The few that did that were written about happened to be of a good nature, but it doesn't mean all of them were.

Actually, read the first and last few chapters of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and you will find a bunch of hobbits that are pretty rotten characters (Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, anyone?).

So yeah, evil hobbits definitely exist in the Shire.

Might even be fun to add in a new quest or two to illustrate this.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 28 Aug 2010 19:14

I think, kenders who follow Takhisis should be also in place. Again, pls, remove aligment restrictions. It's not good if one race from six have such a restriction. Or put evilalgment restrictions on all goblin guilds. Это не справедливо!

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Aug 2010 03:23

Recoba wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:I agree. Adventuresome hobbits should be neutral. Hobbits tried very hard to stay hidden from the realm of the big folk. Not concerning themselves with wars. The few that did that were written about happened to be of a good nature, but it doesn't mean all of them were.

Actually, read the first and last few chapters of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and you will find a bunch of hobbits that are pretty rotten characters (Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, anyone?).

So yeah, evil hobbits definitely exist in the Shire.

Might even be fun to add in a new quest or two to illustrate this.
Yes rotten characters, rotten morals but would you define them as evil such as a mage? Or a soldier serving Takhisis? I would say twisted and stupid but without any intent to harm anyone. But still the guild should be neutral. And I always thought it was stupid you couldn't RP an evil kender. Drop below a certain level and your automatically removed from the race. BOO

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 29 Aug 2010 03:33

Well, it is hard to find evil kenders. They are supposed to not exist, just like evil hobbits. The thing is, unfortunately in the game making kenders "neutral" would not open the doors for roleplaying, just increase the grinding spots for those players.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 29 Aug 2010 08:56

And good goblin is ok?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Aug 2010 10:54

dosnt the Athas worlds have evil kenders and such. Or am i wrong.?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 29 Aug 2010 17:38

Kender are inherently good natured. Now, just because of that it does not mean they are good aligned. It is very common for Kender to kill or harm city guards in attempts to escape, or for them to "steal" things from good people. In the eyes of many other races in Krynn it could be very easy for one to consider a Kender evil. Now, this just gets you into the whole definition of evil. I think we would find a kender to be more
Chaotic Neutral than Evil on the D&D spectrum, where as a Morgul Mage might be Chaotic Evil - Lawful Evil depending on their RP.

The fact of the matter is that in every instance of what a race "should be" there are examples of the opposite. Drizzt and the Drow, Smeagol and the Hobbits, Dalamar and Elves (Elves typically did not practice dark magic and are considered to be mostly good in the Krynn world),even dark dwarves. Every race is corruptable and you will always find an example of one who does not fit the norm.

Because of that there is always an argument for having Good and Evil aligned guilds for each race in Genesis. For Hobbits it might be just returning Kender to neutral again. Or making adventuresome hobbits neutral, or opening a new hobbit guild once recodes are complete. I mean, yes, Kender are 99% good aligned, but as explained it all depends on who is looking. Dwarves dislike kender does that make dwarves inherently evil? Or kender evil?

Lots of questions!
Windemere

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/