messengers

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: messengers

Post by Laurel » 27 Aug 2010 18:51

petros wrote:Your actual request and desired change (...) is that everything should work the same.
while trying to catch me by the meaning of my own words, try to be more careful what you actually write ...
I asked to unify THE USAGE OF MESSENGERS - if Genesis has nothing else and the usage of messengers if "everything" ... I'm sorry to have started a topic about "everything"

usage of messengers as I see it, is that:
1. faeries/harrekkis work better than eagles/pigeons/doves/etc. eventho they all fly
2. walking messengers (hobbits, orphans, snakes and other shit) some work without intro while some don't (for no apparent reasons)

what they actually deliver (scrolls, letters, etc.) is something I agree - adds diversity
how they all work however adds IMO to frustration at times

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 28 Aug 2010 03:25

Just go to Avenir and get some messengers from there. They should be the best in Genesis :P I loved the chipmunks until they were downgraded. Now you cannot drop them in the floor because they leave.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Aug 2010 07:49

Rhynox wrote:Just go to Avenir and get some messengers from there.
3 boats ... in the old days (BDA begin) it was a standing order that the lowest ranked BDA awake would go there and fetch plenty of those for the armoury

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 28 Aug 2010 11:22

Laurel wrote: I disagree that it is positive I have to travel 2 ships to even purchase a messenger that will allow me to send an urgent message to someone I don't happen to have memorized, while some guilds have ways of communicating ANYTHING and ANYTIME without any intro/memory.
As you know, communication spells are guild abilities which they pay for. But you could join them, sacrificing some of your current abilities of course ;)

Or use the post office. If the message is urgent, I'd send mail rather than travelling on two ships before sending anything.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 28 Aug 2010 18:50

Recoba wrote:
Laurel wrote: I disagree that it is positive I have to travel 2 ships to even purchase a messenger that will allow me to send an urgent message to someone I don't happen to have memorized, while some guilds have ways of communicating ANYTHING and ANYTIME without any intro/memory.
As you know, communication spells are guild abilities which they pay for.
Still have to use a messenger if you want a quick reply from a non-guild member...

I actually don't mind having to travel for messengers - you never know who you'll run into along the way, and I like the variety afforded by the various items in the realms. I agree about the aforementioned chipmunks being awesome, but now not really worth be bother...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/