messengers

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

messengers

Post by Laurel » 26 Aug 2010 19:34

Pretty please with sugar on top - unify them in their usage.
Some work without intro, some don't. Some can reach any place - others can't. Some work with "message" other with "scroll" and yet another with "letter".
The last thing is a small one, but the crap that I couldn't send one messenger to someone I didn't have introed and the other messenger worked without intro BUT couldn't reach this person ... well crap ;)

Davvol
Veteran

Re: messengers

Post by Davvol » 26 Aug 2010 19:41

And pls, unify all herbs to have some effect and some usage. And make only one type of weapons and armours with same decriptioan and damag/armour class in it. :D

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 26 Aug 2010 21:46

I actually like that some have certain advantages that others don't. It is bothersome, though, that someone sends you a harrekki and you can't use it to reply because you don't know that person. I don't have problem having to search for a messenger that lets me send messages to those I don't know, but if someone sends me a harrekki, at least let me reply to him even if I don't know him.

By the way, hobbits used to be a good way to know if someone you didn't know was online (^0^)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Aug 2010 22:47

This is one of those examples in Genesis where the wheel was invented over and over each time someone wanted a wheel. To track them all down and unify them would be a lot of work, and not worth the investment compared to the many critical issues we have right now.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Aug 2010 23:43

I like it as it is too. Diversity is good!

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 27 Aug 2010 18:22

Actually, a lot of the messengers are unified and using the same code. That doesn't mean that they all have the same capability. Each domain/wizard has the option of setting different abilities for messengers. Some can work with intros, some without, etc. And they can customize what they use (scrolls, message, etc) depending on theme. This is a positive thing for the game.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Aug 2010 18:26

petros wrote:This is a positive thing for the game.
I disagree - how much is my voice in that regard worth? :twisted:

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 27 Aug 2010 18:30

What do you disagree with? That items which perform similar functions should be differentiated based on theme? We should just have "weapon" and "armour"? We differentiate different weapons and armours because we believe that having variety is good for the game and fits with the themes of each realm. Many guild abilities are essentially the same (bash, smash, donk), but have different descriptions and different limitations.

Why are messengers any different in your mind?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Aug 2010 18:33

I disagree that it is positive that messenger A doesn't work without intro, while messenger B does BUT doesn't reach anyone in closed rooms. Both messengers being same domain based.

I disagree that it is positive I have to travel 2 ships to even purchase a messenger that will allow me to send an urgent message to someone I don't happen to have memorized, while some guilds have ways of communicating ANYTHING and ANYTIME without any intro/memory.

What goddamn theme is excuse enough to have orphans work better (as in without intro) than hobbit messengers?!? Please ... take my wife.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 27 Aug 2010 18:41

Ask the Liege of Shire and Gondor to make the change if you feel that hobbits should be changed to have more capabilities. Your actual request and desired change is different than your initial message, which is that everything should work the same. I disagree that everything should work the same, but I agree that if you can make a justification for something to work differently than it does, it can be changed to match that expectation.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/