Travellers Guild

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Recoba
Great Adventurer

Travellers Guild

Post by Recoba » 06 Sep 2010 16:05

Here's something that occurred to me while pondering the Evil Hobbits Guild thread:

Why not make the Travellers a race guild for all races, and remove the human-only restriction? After all, there's nothing in the theme that's specifically human, and it would provide an additional option to many players.

And it's not exactly like the guild is overpopulated as it is, anyway...

Opinions on this?

Tharandil
Adventurer

Re: Travellers Guild

Post by Tharandil » 06 Sep 2010 17:12

I approve of this idea!
anyone can travel.

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 06 Sep 2010 18:13

Being an oldie in the group, I know that one of the reasons why the traveller's guild existed was to give the humans a "bonus" in trading and other skills for overall balance. Yes, there was a tax paid, but it was to offset a little the huge bonus in combat stats for goblin, for example.

Not sure if I agree or disagree with the opening it up to all guilds, but I'd thought I'd throw out that fact. I'm not sure it really matters too much, since there are so few travellers in the realms anyway, but it is a "racial" guild after all.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 06 Sep 2010 19:12

Seems like a good idea to me.
Doesn't go against any lore, and would only give more options for players, especially those of us that play races with few (if any) other possibilities in choosing a racial guild.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 25 Jan 2011 21:13

Sorry to rez this old thread but I wanted to add my 2cc on topic and start something new off topic.

On topic:

Personally I'm against making travs an 'all races' guild. Sure, everyone can travel and acquire the generic skills travs offer but it still fits the human 'jack of all trades' image a lot better. Also, read Earth's post again.

Off topic:

Could we have Travellers not require the existing member to bring new ones in? I mean, with the current playerbase and the number of active travellers getting into the guild can be pretty hard. Comparable if not harder than Dunedains actually (who also, in my opinion, should be open to the public, it's a racial guild after all).

Right now it seems that the only human racial guild that offers skills of any kind is The Order of Thanar as Travellers and Dunedains are extremely hard to get into, which would leave elves with the most racial guild options out of all races (5 available racial guilds for them to join, all of which offer skills and often other bonus features, Krynn racial not counted).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 25 Jan 2011 21:47

I think there is a NPC traveller that can vouch for new members. At least I think so.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/