layman choices - good vs evil (partly rant)

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alexi
Veteran

Re: layman choices - good vs evil (partly rant)

Post by Alexi » 07 Feb 2011 17:24

Actually if you do go with a Krynn Thief Guild, keep it in Palanthas as that seems to fit the "theme" of Dragonlance. Otherwise reopen the ShadowWalkers of Kabal. Always thought that Kabal shouldn't be forgotten as its been around forever and a good Domain.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 07 Feb 2011 17:49

Alexi wrote:Actually if you do go with a Krynn Thief Guild, keep it in Palanthas as that seems to fit the "theme" of Dragonlance. Otherwise reopen the ShadowWalkers of Kabal. Always thought that Kabal shouldn't be forgotten as its been around forever and a good Domain.
Last I heard it was a 'done' domain.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 07 Feb 2011 22:32

Draugor wrote:Let thieves make theire own poisons with various effects based on alch skill and guildstat? Give them some basic herbalism skkill of like... con journey and force them to farm herbs to fix poisons.
I would imagine thieves would need herbs and alchemy for making poisons and coating blades with poison.

I Have been thinking about the same thing exactly, but I thought that poisoning weapons would be more assasin then thieves' business.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 07 Feb 2011 23:12

sharn wrote:
Draugor wrote:Let thieves make theire own poisons with various effects based on alch skill and guildstat? Give them some basic herbalism skkill of like... con journey and force them to farm herbs to fix poisons.
I would imagine thieves would need herbs and alchemy for making poisons and coating blades with poison.

I Have been thinking about the same thing exactly, but I thought that poisoning weapons would be more assasin then thieves' business.

Backstab is already there and thats an assassin attack imo, rename them rogues or something or just outlaws and make specialize in whatever type of rogue they wish to be?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 08 Feb 2011 02:40

There's really no place for OCC thieves in gen. It's too combat-centric for that.
If we would have some thief tasks similar to those found in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, that would be repeatable and bring some income and general exp it could make a bit of sense (go grind thieving instead of killing) but it would also require a TON of work and some major changes in most domains.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 08 Feb 2011 14:54

I want to rant about goodie lay guilds compared to baddie lay guilds - take your thieves crap (they ARE crap in current state) away and tinker about your wet phantasies there :twisted:

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/