layman choices - good vs evil (partly rant)

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: layman choices - good vs evil (partly rant)

Post by Laurel » 09 Sep 2010 23:02

amberlee wrote:The real joke in what you said was that Necros had offensive power.. Because they dont...
sheeesh, you're really in a jerk-complainer mode ...

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 10 Sep 2010 11:40

As one of few necro's active and probably given a few changes over the last few years the predominant necromancer in the game. Offensive power. Laurel that is a joke, lightning for the mana it costs and the cool down it has, only has real uses on large NPC's and most of them resist it. Pack mule. The skeleton's are entirely buggy. Sometimes I can hand them 80 kilos. I have them drop things and they won't take anything more. Sometimes I can't hand them more than 5 kilos of weight before they stop carrying _anything_. Other times I cast the spell and guess what they won't hold anything at all. Not such a big deal until weights of leftovers were changed. Now certain skulls, especially off of grind areas are almost 5 kilos of weight alone. being a necromancer and using skulls as primary components sucks. most of them are to heavy o carry with. If you team with an ogre your screwed as a U.S. playe rbecause most ogres have faster triggers than me so I lose any chance of getting skulls when they harvest the heads. The guild yes is proabbly overpowered. As much as your making it out to be... not at all.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 10 Sep 2010 12:09

I didn't state it was OP at all. Just the strongest and most viable LAYMAN caster guild. Happens to be evil-only.
Goodie only (Heralds) can only suck up to the same play-fun imo.

I know necros are buggy (not just the skelles) and I know they are not as great as they used to be and I didn't try to say they are superb per se - they are just superb towards Heralds (and even minstrels).

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 10 Sep 2010 15:59

Ilrahil wrote:... If you team with an ogre your screwed as a U.S. playe rbecause most ogres have faster triggers than me so I lose any chance of getting skulls when they harvest the heads. The guild yes is proabbly overpowered. As much as your making it out to be... not at all.
Actually did not know removing of the head actually made skulls non existant on the corpse. Of course I realize it should be that way but I see teeth all the time when a headless corpse decays so thought it was the same with skull too. Perhaps they got teeth someplace else :lol:

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Sep 2010 16:06

Laurel wrote:
amberlee wrote:The real joke in what you said was that Necros had offensive power.. Because they dont...
sheeesh, you're really in a jerk-complainer mode ...

Wrong..
Im in a "tell the truth as it is" mode.
Sure the necros are a more fun and thought through lay guild then most out there.
But dont pin that on the necros.. Thats design flaw in the other guilds.

The Creator of the necros in his infinite wisdom coded the necros so they would be a functional guild even without say offensive or defensive power.
They have tools that make them worth the tax joining..
Does this make them better then other lay guilds?
No it merely makes them more versatile..
Should the necros be blamed for the design flaws in other guilds?
Nope.

I can only hope it makes the guildmasters of the other layman guilds in the game want to reach higher and make the layman guilds currently in the game be as much fun and versatile as the necros.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Sep 2010 16:08

btw, fun fact..
When the necros were made there were NO other viable layman option for most evils.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 10 Sep 2010 16:21

amberlee wrote:I can only hope it makes the guildmasters of the other layman guilds in the game want to reach higher and make the layman guilds currently in the game be as much fun and versatile as the necros.
that was THE point of my note and rant in the first place :D

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Sep 2010 16:36

Laurel wrote:
amberlee wrote:I can only hope it makes the guildmasters of the other layman guilds in the game want to reach higher and make the layman guilds currently in the game be as much fun and versatile as the necros.
So why are we arguing then you bastard? :lol:

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 10 Sep 2010 16:42

amberlee wrote:
Laurel wrote:
So why are we arguing then you bastard? :lol:
phail :twisted:

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 10 Sep 2010 16:46

I thought there was some kind of rule, that if the layman guild have heal, they cannot have a offensive ability.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/