herbs/packs/etc. saving time

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: herbs/packs/etc. saving time

Post by Ilrahil » 24 Sep 2010 10:54

I thought the idea of an official genesis forum as Yanus said, was for us to give input that wizards could read and patrol in a healthy way. If our suggestions on here which clearly from responses Petros, Cotillion, Gorboth, and Tapakah (All arches and one a keeper) are going to ignore until we post in game what is the point of this forum? So that everything that is said can be censored if it disagrees with them? Or if it actually is for suggestions. Bullshit you want a mail in game when every one of you has read this suggestion in game.

Now we need approval from wizards that they like the idea presented on the forums? Instead of liking the idea and implementing it, we now have to mail you in game with the idea? Something seems seriously flawed in this thinking.

My 2cc's.

Ilrahil, Very disgruntled player atm.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 24 Sep 2010 12:06

Oh come on.....have you never dealt with an office staff? or a bureaucracy of some sort? or any other large group of people? Some types of information are best dealt with if they are in certain places. If Gorboth wants suggestions in his Genesis mailbox because its easier for him then that's where they should be. The purpose of this forum is for discussion of, among other things, suggestions. Its not a special conduit that puts wizards at your beck and call. You want to talk about suggestions then do it here. You want to effect the game with some suggestions then do it there. How complicated is that? It pisses me off that wizards have repeatedly said suggestions need to be made in the game and yet two have felt the need to waste their time to explain yet it again. There's some seriously flawed bullshit around all right...

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 24 Sep 2010 17:43

Well as a wizard.. and you see something that you think is good for the game.
What is the problem to notify whomever that need to see it themselves?, Im sure I would if I had been a wizard.
I dont really see why it needs to be done this way.

It is really silly, to demand it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Sep 2010 18:26

Greywolf wrote:It pisses me off that wizards have repeatedly said suggestions need to be made in the game and yet two have felt the need to waste their time to explain yet it again.
noone has explained it - wizards have just STATED it, that's quite a difference in my book - it's logic vs dogma

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 24 Sep 2010 20:34

Here are 5 reasons why someone might want certain information dealt with in a specific way.

It puts the information in a specific place where people expect it to be.
It makes it possible for people to refer to the information easily and quickly.
It provides a record of the information being given and received.
It saves others the work of organizing 1000's of similar bits of information.
It allows people to know certain things about the information like who it originated from and when.

I guess being able to come up these possible reasons all by myself makes it easier for me understand why wizards might want suggestions to be made in the game and is why I don't mind that it wasn't explicitly explained to me. I hope this helps anyone having trouble understanding this.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Sep 2010 21:09

That there should be one specific and very clear way to send suggestions is a no-brainer to me. As Greywolf says, thats how you do things in the real world for the most part... if you do some type of organized work that is...

I do things like that. I tell people all the time "send me a mail", even if I liked their suggestion or idea when they told it to me face to face. Why? Because it saves ME time, and I dont have to worry about forgetting about it. Its all there in my mailbox insead of spread out in my mind, on notes, or in other files. Sure, Gorboth could send himself a mail with the idea if he wanted to, and I am sure some extraordinary ideas are implemnted even if they dont go through the right way...

But come on now, Gorboth and the wizards dont even get paid to listen to our ideas. Surely we could offer them the respect they deserve and atleast make life a little easier by sending in our suggestions the way they want?

I find it amazing how you, Laurel, can present an idea, everyone likes it, but STILL manage to turn the topic into a complaining one. Same goes for Ilrahil etc. Like some filmmaker once said... SHAME ON YOU!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Sep 2010 22:11

I'm not quite in the flame mood here, tho I am tired after the whole week and driving 2 days in a row across this idiotic country with no highways ... so, let's try to stay civil after all, eventho my first response was close to "go **** ******** and **** ******".

I find it amazing how wizards who supposedly work on enhancing the gaming experience for gamers find reasons to NOT deal with issues. Be it cheater/scripter/boter or idea reports - all get the same response in this forum: "I don't care as long it's not in-game". Great thing that such ideas like increased mailbox and herb-recovery changes were implemented ... I wonder: did anyone report those in-game?

Well - why do you care about sharing wiz-info then? It happens out of game ...

I am simply AGAINST "rules" that do NOT add value but work. The "in game" dogma is such a "rule", that is meanwhile quite outdated imo. I understood it when wizards did not want to participate in players' forums. This is somewhat different in this forum, or? This forum is partly a way to discuss and comminicate with wizards so ... what is the issue?!?!

Just create yourself an idea folder in Genesis (notepad style?) and add ideas to it for all wizards to see as "available" or "Blizzard/Novo/Shinto work on it", etc.?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Sep 2010 17:46

Every so often a truly fantastic opportunity comes along which allows me to wrestle with my desire to use expletives. Thank you for this opportunity! I have wrestled and managed to talk myself out of it. Phew!

So lets review ... volunteer wizard ... wife and 4 kids ... job ... weekly has about 20-30 new mails from players that need attention ... about 5 active wizards who need regular support from me ... every board in the game to read ... every log in the game to check ... missed communes to respond to ... collaboration with external folks on website redesign ... and (dare I even mention) my own coding projects to try in vain to pursue ... oh, right, and reading every single note on this forum ...

*cough*

Uh ... mail me. It is the *ONLY* way I remember to do anything.
G.

p.s. Oh, and this forum most definitely gets a lot accomplished. Often I do take action in Genesis based on what is discussed here. However, if I say "mail me" it is because I am asking you to do your part and help out with that process.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Sep 2010 18:59

I kinda feel that the "We do this job in our spare time" argument is kinda moot.
Heck, we the players spend our free time playing the game.
Why?
I can only assume that you wizards code because coding and development interests you.
Just as we players play the game because it interests us.

edit.

I feel i should clarify that this isnt an attempt to bash you or anyone else that has obligations outside the game and that has limited time.
On the contrary i have the uttermost respect for that.
But just dont say that your time is more worth then ours(the players)
Face it.. Genesis is a symbiotic community.
We the players wouldnt be able to play the game we love/hate/worship/condemn if it werent for you.
But then again you wizards wouldnt have a game to work on if it werent for us the players :)
Last edited by Amberlee on 25 Sep 2010 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 25 Sep 2010 19:01

Why not just mail the wizards in charge to make it official...

..nooow touch your tongue to mine..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/