Ice Wall warning

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Ice Wall warning

Post by Laurel » 25 Sep 2010 08:50

dragons don't enter closed rooms ... tips for surviving :roll:

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 25 Sep 2010 09:54

To find closed room, you should map area at first, right? I was FIRST time in new Ice Wall. I just spent 2 minutes to find way from ship to gates and got attacked by dragon. What the chances to map Ice Wall for me? How many time should i die before i explore it? How big should i be to do it? Thats ok, but there is no single word of warning on the way there.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 25 Sep 2010 12:08

There are dragons swooping over your head all the time, even on the ship! Never ignore the location emotes ;P

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 25 Sep 2010 14:08

So, simple warning from ship captain will be great. Next time i will take tent with me

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Sep 2010 18:55

Earth wrote:
Davvol wrote:What the problem? 2 minutes there trying to find way from piers and enter ice wall, and I'm attacked by dragon and I'm dead. Titan, close to champion. Was close. Without any ideas, warning or something like this. Just zero chance to EXPLORE Ice Wall for me.
Hmm...can't you just leave the room when the dragon attacks? It's not like before when there were white ancient dragons who use to not only attack randomly, but also paralyze smaller players on the spot where they could not flee at all.

FYI..
They hunt..

Also if you manage to get your ass say inside the Icewall castle.. You can sneak past the dragons as they cant see water if you tried to drown them.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Sep 2010 01:48

amberlee wrote:You can sneak past the dragons as they cant see water if you tried to drown them.
indeed

Titan

Post by Avatar » 26 Sep 2010 10:36

Yet an example of how some people want this game to turn into YET a carebear game.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 27 Sep 2010 04:17

Well, Icewall is really, really a dangerous place (especially with the yeti there, and the ships taking 2 minutes to reach it), but so is Raumdor, which is easier to access from Sparkle. Maybe captains could give a hint if you ask them for 'advice', as how dangerous the place is for someone of your level (it shouldn't even need to be that deep, it could be "This place is only for experienced adventurers", "This place is peaceful", or talk about the teams that usually go there, like "Very few adventurers bearing your title dare to travel here.", "I usually transport heavy equipped teams, it is strange to have you alone here." or "I usually lead younger adventurers here.").

If we add all the "carebear game terms" in roleplaying terms, I think we enrich the game.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 27 Sep 2010 08:30

Tive wrote:There are dragons swooping over your head all the time, even on the ship! Never ignore the location emotes ;P
I'd have to say that counts as a pretty clear hint.

I much prefer it if the game communicates in that way rather than spelling everything out in block letters. Much more atmospheric and cool, much more Genesis.

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 27 Sep 2010 08:47

Well run where the dragon cannot reach you ... guess where ??
If you explore Icewall and the plains and start wimpying around you are
more or less screwed unless you know the way around that area.

If you need some help Davvol I can maybe provide some in the game.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/