Changes

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Re: Changes

Post by Alorrana » 17 Nov 2010 12:43

As kas said, and as Ive have mentioned times and times again

Small quests could be money reward

medium quests could be skill/ability reward

big quest could be item/weapon/armour reward.

anyways I think its speaking to a def ear.. But changes to the xp system are needed.. I dont play more. And alot of others from my town dosnt really want to play anymore, and we dont have the energy to create new chars because..---YOU HAVE TO QUEST--- to be come any size of influance..
And if thats good for the game, The old Legends and myths retiring, and not making new chars.. Bugger i wouldnt want to see whats bad for the game then..

fact is... people are leaving cause of quests.. not that many are interested in solving them and wasting 4-5 hours to gain a death and 2000 qxp.. People stop gaming and do not create newones cause of the Quests. Why is it your not listining to it.. Look at the playerbase.. and tell me everything is allright.. And just because some of you Including wizards have some sort of twisted and glorified picture of how genesis should be.. dosnt make it right.. If its Old and people are not playing, then Changes are needed..

I know some really enjoy sitting an solving these puzzles and questing hardcore.. Yes.. thats alright.. when your done with that, run to the store and get me a pack of smokes.. Geek.. in general.. no offence ment.. but claiming that questing is a huge part of the game is nonsens.. questing is the devious slow utterlig borring part of the game, fun part is me smashing some one with a club and get xp to grow.. Yeah ! but when I cant find the syntax to hektors Bubble bath and ive spend 4-5 hrs on it, died, and what not.. I freak out.. log of, smoke heavy, get pissed over loosing all that time, gear, xp and gained nothing.. In ANY other game you gain something. Genesis, if its not there. Bugger time lost.. go away. *Yargh!* die die die (german) ;) not angry here just very confused.. and saying if i dont like to quest the game isnt for me.. well ive been here as many others, 10+ years.. I think a replacement in the top is needed if the game keeps going like it is.. fair and square.. we havnt hit 70 player for a hell of a long time, we struggle to reach 50.. a good day.. 40... and normal day 30 or less.. I mean thats Out of the entire world.. billions of people. and we have the coolest mud ever.. but we can only get 50 !?!? whats that about.. 5.000000 play wow.. and we can barely scrape in 50.... just amazing..

Listen and please change the system. Ill eat my hat on it would make for more players.. if you could grind to vet in a day or so.. People will go hey.. this is cool, meet some crazy minoes with clubs, called the terrible two, and they gave me alot of xp and cash, damn im going to be here tomorrow, to play a bit more. Slowly you impliment the RP, then, when we are sure and i mean really sure they stay, we can say, hey, try out this quest, its awsome, you get a silly hat and a beard from it..or what ever.. but point is.. questing is in the rear of the pack. or should be.. rather.. now its somewhere in the middle. Something you need to do...... because if you dont, you will have a hell of a hard time getting past RH i would assume.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Nov 2010 16:24

Okey, I surrender. You're all making good points. Yes, I actually like the quests even though it is frustrating (maybe even because it is??) but I am starting agree that perhaps it would be better if they are not _necessary_... and I agree they shouldnt really be a selling point in their current state... The mercenaries is a really good example of an option not to RP, or RP what you want. I suppose questing should have a similar option. Well, you got the option already of course, but maybe the penatly for not questing is too harsh. I actually dont know how big you can realistically get without questing at all?

But on the other hand I also think we just cant try to focus on getting _everyone_ to like this game. And the one to decide that has to be Gorboth. No Alorrana, designing a game is not a democracy, it IS a dictatorship if you wanna put it that way. Usually its called a"game designer, or in the film and TV world a director. Usually all great films, games etc comes from one (or a few) people that have a vision of something. Sure, listening to people is good, but we cant have a vote about every decision. Whoever designs the game has to make the decision and then work for that. Obviously if 90% of everyone who plays the game says one thing, then maybe its worth to seriously consider, but still at some point you gotta go with what your own vision of the game because everyone will always have ideas an opinions about everything!

And I dont think Gorboth meant everything with quests is great as it is and if you dont like it go somewhere else. He presented the type of people/players to target who would most likely enjoy the game was how I saw it. Fixing the brutality/quest XP I have heard mentioned in several places as being on the "to do" list...?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Nov 2010 16:52

How many new guys do we get.?

How many of them stay.?

How many old ones drop away from the game?

How many old returns to do new chars.?

Woot gratz to you for liking the quests. thats 2 i know of i dont know how many Alor remembers but thats 2 that actually likes quests. I dont mind that at all, but thats not the issue here.

As I said Cherek, Not my suggestions are the right ones, but Least we are throwing something in to the pot insted of just telling other people how bad their ideas are. Okay.
This isnt USA, Im allowed to speak my mind and post my suggestions.
But fact is players arent comming to the game, they are more on the leavin side. Yes we see new names on the Nlist and such from time to time. but all in all, More names come and go. than come and stay. thats a fact. you can see it on the Nlist.. some are there once twice, and then never there again. If thats player growth having a new name on the pole and lists that so proudly are presented..Im not buying it..

And what do you mean I make all the good points..? You make no points. So..? just currious. or are you just here to see if you can get me to blow up again..? Foolish try. not happening. because i actually dont care.

So it should be a diktatorship, Well I cant argue with a pissed person on that one.. so. But Cherek, Look at the playerbase. see how the game is growing.. see how many now players come.. see how many stay.. and then tell me im totally off in saying something must be done.

And the to do list, well, Mabye you feel its been done and has actually helped.. I dont know.. I really cant tell the diffrence, All i know is before all this to do stuff and what not, there was easy 50-60 players.. now.. its barely 40. heres a who list from today.

There are 18 players in the game, of which 5 fit your selection.
Pharaxes Salaboa XXXXXXXXX -wizards- Lunatari Tapakah

Players in the realms who are not known to you:
Draugor+ Fade+ Halfdan+ Nellnight* Ravhin+ Zar
Eagledead+ Fluffy*+ Nagash Ninle Vyng*

and the time is.

Local time : Wed Nov 17 15:46:11 2010
Start time : Fri Nov 12 10:55:13 2010
Up time : 5 days 4 hours 50 minutes 58 seconds
Memory usage : 35%
Regular reboot: between 6 days 12 hours and 6 days 18 hours to go.

Yeah.. huge playerbase i see..

Dont want to argue this. All im saying is something Needs to be done.. otherwhise it will drop further and further and further..because all other games give you something for your time there. genesis is a place where you can actually Loose 4-5 hrs.. with out gaining anything.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 17 Nov 2010 19:16

I like Genesis for it's roleplaying potential, and I hate quests in Genesis.
The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Apart from that, Hektor et al have already said what I was going to say, so I'll just join the quest-hating crowd with a "Me too!"
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Nov 2010 20:24

What if questing wasn't necessary up until rising hero or such? I like the idea of killing for faction and the faction/alignment meaning you can quest more in that particular land. Or maybe having quests open up to you while you grind to higher levels.

Everyone knows I hate questing. It was much more fun back in the early-mid ninties to talk about which quests you've done, which ones you've found, and how cool it was to complete. The new MMO player wants to hit harder, wield stronger weapons, and kill in abundance with friends.

I'm on the gravy train for making quests optional, but if someone does choose to quest, make the reward substantial so others would want to complete it as well. Heck, make the syntax work in several ways instead of just one.

just my two loonies.

-b

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 17 Nov 2010 20:44

Quests must always be important, but it should not be the single most important part of this game if you wish to reach titan or more.
More dynamic quests similar to the AH ones would be great, make quests cause you some sort of 'rest' mode where you gain combatxp at an accelerated rate.
Lessen the impact of death if you either have high questxp or currently got that 'rest' mode due to recent quests being completed.
To demand physical rewards upon each quest be it coins or items is somewhat unrealistic as getting coins and good gear already is quite easy.

I'd like to see more more gear-monsters demanding more effort to reach, now you rush into moria swoop through, kill that uruk and leave. Totally ignoring all orcs and trolls patrolling about. Why won't they come to the aid of the one they fear the most, their captain? Why not being forced to clear guards and patrols around the boss encounters, else have the fight turn into a much more dangerous situation?

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Nov 2010 20:51

I agree with Ogre. There should be a significant penalty if the surroudning area isn't cleared of the npc's allies. My favorite coded npc is Baxter. Love how those guards come rushing in.

-b

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 17 Nov 2010 22:36

hehe bromen, try attacking the guards then. You can easy get in a fight with 8-9 elites Quite fun..
They could "just nick and lightly bruise" Alorrana to vbs.. :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Nov 2010 10:27

Alorrana: Huh? Your latest post was very confusing. Were you drunk?:)

Of course I want more players, that all I ever nag about. In every note I too said something has to be done, I just dont know how myself, its not an easy subject to solve. Its good you have ideas but the whole point of the forum is discussion. I pointed out a few flaws in your idea as I saw it, from a quest-liker's perspective.:) Ogres idea of a "resting" period is an interesting one though...

Anyway... fixing quests...

Would you guy really like them more if a few syntaxes were fixed/added? Will it be fun then? What would you consider a "fun" quest? You're saying that there are NO well-done quests in the entire realm that you find fun at all? Really?

If a huge majority of the playerbase feels like that, quests should be removed from the game and perhaps replaced with a bunch of warcraft-style quests. Gather X of this and that for a little XP reward. Basically, go out and grind, if you grind really well and reach 100 trolls you get an extra XP boost. Me, I find that type of quest boring, but I think they have a place anyway, since it would atleast add some meaning and "story" to grinding perhaps.

Fixing our current quests would be a huge job obviously considering how many quests there are and how spread out they are. But impossible? No. Making quests more logical story-wise and att syntaxes even someone with my limited coding experience could do I think. If they had the time, and will to do it. But it's just that I guess. I have made a number of reports on quests that I found bugged or illogical, problem is finding someone who want to fix them I guess?
Last edited by Cherek on 18 Nov 2010 11:08, edited 2 times in total.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 18 Nov 2010 10:53

Ofc i was drunk cherek.. sure. Ill stop posting any suggestions here. All you can do is put one down. Thanks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/