Changes

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Changes

Post by gorboth » 10 Dec 2010 19:03

Uther wrote:I hear no comments nor what the Arches and Keeper thinks...

What is your view to this ?
Which "this" are you referring to? There has been a lot said.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 11 Dec 2010 15:02

After you posted the last time in this thread there has been discussions... .
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 Dec 2010 20:25

Uther wrote:After you posted the last time in this thread there has been discussions... .
Yes, they've been fascinating to read! However ... I, like Cherek, have had a difficult time fully seeing how your suggestions all fit together. This is why I asked for you to tell me which particular thing you've suggested that you'd like to hear my feedback on.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 11 Dec 2010 21:43

I think what Uther is saying is that if brute was entirely dependent on size (i.e. XP) then you could simply assign a brute lvl to characters based on that. So little characters have low brute and large characters have high brute. The larger the character, then the higher the brute and the less XP gained from killing. Then at some point, possibly, players might realize that they could actually gain XP faster if they did quests. If this isn't what you meant Uther please correct me.

If this is what Uther meant:

Not sure I like this idea myself. The quests don't give enough XP for this to become viable until the brute penalty for killing becomes extremely high. Characters would be very big before questing became necessary (if at all). I think quests should have a necessary and well rewarded function in the game at all levels of size but just not so strongly related to growth as they are now.

I think the idea idea about 50% of QXP being the amount that gives the maximum brutality benefit is a really good one. Moving forward this would put all players, but especially newer players, on a much more even playing field. I think this is definitely the way to go. If I understand it correctly however, there are two potential drawbacks.

First: This does nothing initially to lower the amount of grinding a smaller character needs to do to catch up to the big guns. In fact, it greatly increases the killing needed as it might significantly raise the brute lvl of the smaller character or because it now limits future brute benefits from further questing. So characters that aren't huge already will find it harder to grow to huge sizes.

Second: Already large characters will still find it easier to recover from death to their previous large state. Although I think this is in principle fair, it should be kept in mind that smaller characters would be finding it much harder to initially achieve those large sizes. This may result in some characters having a significant advantage in size that is actually harder for smaller characters to overcome then it is now.

Basically, I think the advantage that characters who have already grown to large sizes have should not be underestimated if Gorboth's proposed changes were implemented. It is important, however, that characters already very large should have some lingering benefit because of that. I don't really have any ideas about how that could actually work though.

Personally, I don't think I have seen any potential changes suggested by a high lvl wizard that I am as excited about as this one. I believe this is an incredibly big step in a direction that makes Genesis more appealing to a much broader base of potential players. Even if nothing were done about either of the two issues I mentioned, I believe the game will be far better off in the long run if a change like this was made.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/