Fixing quests

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greywolf
Adventurer

Re: Fixing quests

Post by Greywolf » 06 Dec 2010 01:14

Creed,

As I was coming up with the suggestions I was having the very same concerns. I believe how characters grow is in fact a big problem in Genesis and many of my suggestions would make growth easier which would not be a positive effect. That problem is easily solved however and when it gets bad enough there will be no choice but to solve it. The 'solutions' have been discussed in depth previously and I don't think I want to be the one to bring them up again...:)

Changes like what I and Gorboth have suggested make the game much more playable for new players and I really don't think we can go wrong with that.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 06 Dec 2010 01:37

It might encourage people to quest if they knew more accurately how far they are from the brute cap.

For example:
You are extremely far from the maximum brutality benefit
You are very far from the maximum brutality benefit
You are somewhat far from the maximum brutality benefit
You are halfway from the maximum brutality benefit
You are somewhat close to the maximum brutality benefit
You are very close to the maximum brutality benefit
You are extremely close to the maximum brutality benefit

Or perhaps:

You have slightly/somewhat/moderately/greatly/extremely exceeded the amount of quest experience required for the the maximum brutality benefit. Visit the tower of realms to access quest items or abilities you may be eligible for. :D
Last edited by Greywolf on 06 Dec 2010 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

Onton
Wanderer

Post by Onton » 06 Dec 2010 01:50

Finally putting in the quest hints for Kalad, Ansalon and whatever other domains are missing the hints would help too, if only a bit. How long ago was it that the hints event finished? :|

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/