Fixing quests

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Fixing quests

Post by Cherek » 03 Dec 2010 16:12

Thursdays are better for me than weekends, so that's all individual. I am sure Gorboth has statistics on which day would be best to target... depending on if we want to lift a "low" day, or further increase the population on "high" days?

I wonder if it would have negative impact on the other days though...

I can see myself: "Ah its only wednesday, I'll play alot on XP-thursday instead." Quit.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 03 Dec 2010 19:43

Cherek wrote:Thursdays are better for me than weekends, so that's all individual. I am sure Gorboth has statistics on which day would be best to target... depending on if we want to lift a "low" day, or further increase the population on "high" days?

I wonder if it would have negative impact on the other days though...

I can see myself: "Ah its only wednesday, I'll play alot on XP-thursday instead." Quit.
Something I've wondered myself. The psychology of the mud player is not an entry-level course! ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 03 Dec 2010 22:38

What about weekends?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 04 Dec 2010 00:19

I think monthly may be a better idea than weekly.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 04 Dec 2010 12:52

Guess my idea didn't suck so bad eh Cherek? lol

even if it's play on thursday *quit* that's one person experiencing the changes going on the game and increasing the population.

If the goal is to make players come back and make quests or teaming more interesting, it only makes sense to give bonuses to support your goals in game.

Yeah, it would mean the hardcore would go nutz all over, but man I'd like to see hardcore vs hardcore run into the yeti or frost giant at the same time.

-b

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Dec 2010 13:16

Bromen: I still think your idea about questXP-weekends "suck".:)

Unless you meant adding more market-type of quests, events or something? That might be nice I suppose. But making old quests count more certain days will be a terrible mess and cause alot of anger, tons of new seconds, and absolutely no questing on other days... and it will make people who dont like the "frustrating and badly coded" quests to feel even more forced to quest than they do now. Something alot of people felt was a big problem already in another thread.

If the problem is our quests are hard and frustrating, adding more reward for them will just make the problem worse if anything.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 04 Dec 2010 14:00

Hmf...I was in for 2x _Combat_ xp multiplier for weekends....messing with the quest xp is a road to disaster.

2x combat xp would work like a charm though, a guaranteed success, and this formula has always been successfull in other games.

Players, meet teh big fat carrot on a stick. :twisted:

More players in the weekends would boost the chance for more remaining players on the regular days aswell.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 04 Dec 2010 15:10

Well poo on you then Cherek lol.

The only reason I brought it up is because I heard from someone that quest exp used to give 50% more than what it does now. Not sure how long ago that was, but I'm sure more players were online back then.

Double combat xp weekends would be an instant success and would certainly bring old players back to some extent. Maybe have the sparkle goblin raid event happen during the high peak time. Battle spam ftw! And no holding back the big guns eh Gorboth ;)

-b

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 04 Dec 2010 15:36

Questxp had a modifier which been changed occasionally throughout the years, myself missed all the good times so I'm somewhat lacking when it comes to questxp. When they put a cap on how much brutal your questxp can affect it was one way of regulating the problem. Now its theoretically possible to get to the max even though it requires a whole lot of boring quests.
To give double questxp-weekend would only help those who haven't done many quests. If you only got the quests for the other align or small quests to go those weekends won't mean anything to you.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 04 Dec 2010 15:49

Where's our "elf-raids"? :(

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/