saving time of non-combat items

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Booger
Veteran

Re: saving time of non-combat items

Post by Booger » 18 Jan 2011 01:53

Gorboth: Great one! I read the whole post seriously and it still took another minute after that until I got it. Almost in class with "Great BoozeUp".

Greywolf: If everyone got a set of eq upon entering the game, I'm sure it would make the game more fun for most people (no need to spend the first hours of playing trying to get decent eq). Would it be a bad idea or not? (not saying your opinion is bad).

Celephias & Kas, and everyone else: Last I played here we didn't have herbs. Or saving racks. Or glowing items. And to be honest, I would be happier without items saving through armageddon.

But yes, if you spend tons of hours and money to set up equipment that is supposed to stay forever (or until you use it), and you can lose it by getting LD or failing to login within a certain time, then naturally you will be upset. However, my solution would be to make the herbs non-everlasting, so you never bothered to put that much work into it, risking to lose it. If all herbs are glowing when created and changed to non-glowing after reboot, you would still have use for them, wouldn't you? But you wouldn't be running around with thousands of herbs but only a some smaller amount that would be enough for your needs in the near future days.
Or perhaps it would work to have a limit of how many herbs you can keep through armageddon? Say 50 herbs? Would be enough for everyone who want to set themselves up with some poison removals, a few healing ones, some mana, darkvision and some remove-fatigue. Fix a set you are comfortable with and you can keep it until you use it up. And if you would happen to lose the whole set, it wouldn't be a disaster - just a little work to get the stuff back again.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 18 Jan 2011 04:49

If you'd set the amount of recoverable herbs at 50 then I think it would be better to just not make them recoverable.
I used to have circa about 150 herbs on me at all times, and I thought that was bare minimum which I had to replenish instantly if I ever went below it. I believe that people who make active use of herbs (eg: mana and component herbs when you're in a spellcaster guild) can agree here as they're probably carrying even more herbs at all times.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Jan 2011 06:29

I think Rhaegar should stop having brain farts..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 18 Jan 2011 06:55

Yeah, I believe that too :P
I guess I was away for a tad too long.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 18 Jan 2011 09:44

amberlee wrote:I think Rhaegar should stop having brain farts..
I need 'Like' button under single posts. Otherwise someone could get confused what I 'like'!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/