Two types of Characters.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Two types of Characters.

Post by Alorrana » 24 Jan 2011 20:10

Hi all, been thinking about this as i mentioned a bit of it in a previous note. But ill bring back the quests to the table.

What if when you log on, as a new character, you could decide if you want to make a Questing character or a fighting character.

Now the none questing would be able to grind grind grind all the way to legend, but he would be capped there. He would gain nothing but the items from quests, In those quests that have items attatched or not get any to rely on the ingame things to make hes description, Hair, nails, eyes, clubs ect ect.. No Q xp but he can make the quests none the less if he wants.
but the only way for him to gain xp is via combatting. He would only be able to be a legend in title but stats would continue to grow

The you have the Questing character, He would be like the characters are now. But able to hit myth title. he will be incontrole of hes brute via Qxp and Cxp. like now. Only advantage/disadvantage is he Must Quest to reach the highest title. And hes stats would be like the current game..

Basic, an option to make a none questing character. who would be locked from gaining any q xp. he can grind and rp, And would perhaps make xp bit faster/bit slower what ever makes the deal. Then you would have the options, Do i want to invest ALOT of time in questing a character up and play from there, or do I go Semper-Fi and gun-ho and just beat what ever i want.

Is this a stupid idea ? If yes, Why ?

Would it change alot of code to do this ??

-Im out.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Greneth

Re: Two types of Characters.

Post by Greneth » 24 Jan 2011 21:11

I'm all for the seperation of quests and leveling, kinda of hijacked the other thread but I would much rather have quests based on a point system that for 40 points or equivalent of the tablet quest I could buy a 1 time use exp boost, or have champ as the max level and for 100 point unlock the legend title so I can grind to it and 200 unlocks myth.

Anything could be added and prerequistes to get certain things would not only allow for quests to become optional but still provide exceptional rewards for those who do enjoy them.

Creed

Post by Creed » 25 Jan 2011 09:02

What is the idea in saying you put in a cap, but in reality you don't?

If you put at cap at legend title, then you also put a cap at legend stats, in my opinion. Else its just empty words.
I would hate to be a legend myself, and run into some other legend which seems to be a ton bigger than me, because he has had his title capped.
That would do nothing but cheat the populations.

In generel I think the idea is bad. Im much more for a recode of the quests, so they end up making sense.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 25 Jan 2011 13:13

Yes, but fixing them as you say wouldnt that still mean. You still HAVE to do the quests to play the game and grow. I like that there are quests for all you who likes em, but for us who dosnt its a HUGE pain to redo them if we want to make a second.. And Its also A huge pain doing it when you dont like questing.. thats the issue needs fixing here. I know the syntaxes and stuff you have to do in some quests simply dosnt make sense at all and I agree it needs fixing. But It also needs fixing so You can play without beeing forced to quest. Its a bad deal. Everything forced usually is..

And about the Legend size cap. So what if you meet a legend bigger than you.? When your myth and legends dos it really matter. ? I know some myths are insainely big, and when I grow to myth in 5-60 years time, the difference from me to them will be equally as huge ?

But thanks for sharing. I dont agree but heck wouldnt be fun if i did. :)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 25 Jan 2011 13:35

If you dont like grinding you have no options for growth so they have a much harder time then you Alorrana.

Why do you people want to remove quests and how brutality works? Its a good system we have, the best of two worlds. You must do a few quests but far from all and you also must grind if you wish to recieve the higher mortal titles. I have only descent quest xp but yet manage to become a myth. It took alot of work but it is possible.

Quests needs to be worked on that is something we all agree upon but remove their importence? Thats not the way to go imo. Its a part of Genesis dont destroy it.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 25 Jan 2011 13:41

Chanele wrote:If you dont like grinding you have no options for growth so they have a much harder time then you Alorrana.

Why do you people want to remove quests and how brutality works? Its a good system we have, the best of two worlds. You must do a few quests but far from all and you also must grind if you wish to recieve the higher mortal titles. I have only descent quest xp but yet manage to become a myth. It took alot of work but it is possible.

Quests needs to be worked on that is something we all agree upon but remove their importence? Thats not the way to go imo. Its a part of Genesis dont destroy it.
Good system? Sure its ok but it could be alot better and there are several different options you could go with. Change isn't a bad thing.. the Explorers were apart of Genesis doesn't mean they needed to stay around ;)

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 25 Jan 2011 13:51

I have no idea what explorers is or was. But here you speak of changing the core part of Genesis.

There is alot of things you are forced to do:
You have to grind to get a decent size.
You have to quest to be able to grind well.
You have to get good equipment to do the two above.
You have to join a guild to get skills.

I can continue this list for many more pages but all theese "have to" is Genesis. What we should do is improve theese parts so more people find it enjoyable not remove them.

I had an idea with greater rewards on quests. Lets say you manage to find the dragon lance and when you return it you'll get the Qxp reward and in addition of your increased knowledge of the lands you are rewarded with a fantastic progress in general xp. This will increase the rewards and make quests worth doing. The hard part is to scale this general experience with how hard and time consuming the quests are.

Might make more enjoy the quest atleast:)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 25 Jan 2011 14:57

I always thought the special part of genesis is the guilds, I like the fact that we all arent just mercs. Guilds are what makes genesis. and we have to Strongly uphold that i think. I agree some find grinding boring and some dosnt. But what about those who lacks to grow due to quests. You cant get past Hero on Combat xp only, and if you dont want to quest, Game over.. There should be an option to not having to solve the quests. Thats where im going. So growth is hindered in both ways. Quest and growth yes its a good idea for those who like it. But its time for a change, because many character all want to be the hugest there is. and only grinding will get you there. So we all have to grind and do quests one way or the other to grow. But Why couldnt a choise be made, Hey I dont want to do quests. I want to grind, I get no Q xp what so ever, Brute raises slower, but you also gain slower xp. just an example. And then questers could gain a bit more, xp for quests, and little less for grinding.. But ofc this is just suggestions. Its just terrible to see, when you know several Good/very good roleplayers who just dodnt play genesis due to the quests.. You can be an equally good RP on grinds as In questing chars.

Again only suggestions.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Jan 2011 15:01

What Chanele said. The game is full of "have to's". How do we make everything optional? I never liked grinding, shouldnt I be able to quest myself to myth then? Or HERB myself to myth?:)

I think you are exaggerating the problem. Wanna start a second? Well, once you want to start a second you are probably experienced enough to be able to pick out the most rewarding quests. Re-do them and you'll be fine. You dont need all quests. Far from it.

However, what I find extremely hard if I wanna make a new second is having to GRIND for days and days to get some size. Re-doing some of the bigger quests (usually most of us have solutions anyway) takes alot less time than having to do all the grinding all over again.

As Chanele said, we have a mix now. Its not perfect but I think it works fairly well. Where you "have to grind" and "have to quest". If you enjoy grinding more, you can do less quests and grind more. If you enjoy questing you can quest more and grind less. Remove questing for growth, and we're left with only grinding. I do not think that is a better system and I have yet heard a good suggestion that isnt confusing. Having to chose a fighting or questing character in the beginning does sound very confusing. Imagine a new player, how should they know what to chose? And the cap at legend title I do not really understand either, why should grinding chars have a penalty? I think it sounds messy, and I'd rather see we pick one of them. We could go with the "fighter" game, and have quests give other types of rewards. But I am not so sure it's gonna be better. The grinders will be happy, the questers unhappy. Yes I know grinders are in majority right now, but I am thinking about possible new players too. Do we only want to attract the grinding type of player? Now there is a place for several types of players, turning the game into growth by killing things only will make Genesis a game for one type of player only. (No that wasnt your suggestion Alorrana, I know)

Anyway, about your idea Alorrana, I think we should find a solution where there is only one type of character, and the same character could chose several ways of growing. By questing, by grinding, by general XP.

If we are going to make a change, it sounds much simpler to just remove brutality, only have one type of experience, and up quest rewards ALOT, but I fear people will feel even more "forced" to quest then. But it might also work?

I really like the idea of adding general XP to quests though. To make it become even more of an option to grinding. Because even if you do all quests you still have to spend huge amounts of time grinding to get a reasonable size. If anything, I think GRINDING should be more optional. More ways to gain more general XP for instance is a good way of doing this.

Btw, Alorrana is there a quest in Genesis that you think is fun? I personally think the biggest reason why people dont play because of they have to quest, isnt really the system, but because many of the old quests are a bit... buggy and... too hard / confusing?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 25 Jan 2011 15:40

Seriously No.. No quests i find fun or amusing to to. I find them ekstremely hard and To be honest, If i dont have Q selutions I would never have gotten to do some of the new ones. Its a fact. i HATE questing. Its not to be rude, or diss people who likes em, but i find no JOY in quests what so ever, What i focus on is newbie help and grinding, guild stuff and things like that. But thats not the point :) But no..I dont seek out any quests or nothing to go do. Its simply not an option for me to quest after i became champion.. But I HAD to quest to make champ. Just to put it in order. I did alot of quests, Old ones, New ones, but God i hate it. Its just not me.

I play for the Grind and the RP.

Well One character option is also fine. I just dislike the YOU MUST DO THIS to carry on, otherwise game over...

As I said, I respect that some people like doing quests and find it amusing and can laugh of them. but please respect me when I say I know alot of Good to very good roleplayers who would like to Play genesis and go RP and make a character and kill and gather eq. But they ALL pass when it comes to questing. So do I. reason I dont play my second is hes stuck on a low level.. I HAVE to go quest Insainly to lower hes brute. And thats just a big waste of time for me.

And I think its wrong to just say well then, perhaps genesis isnt something for you then, Goodbye.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/