Leveling Meter

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Leveling Meter

Post by Cherek » 28 Jan 2011 04:09

That didnt come out right at all. I meant spank as in beat him in that duel he challenged me too... perhaps its not possible to use "spank" like that in english, what do I know, its perfectly valid in swedish where you can say "Ill spank you" and mean I'll kick your ass.

But who knows, Bromen thinks he is such a ladies man, perhaps he could use a spanking in a dark ally... :)

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 28 Jan 2011 10:31

Cherek,

Let me recover from my death battling with 100 solamnic knights, squires, warhorses, seige machines, and 50 silver dragons... solo. We will meet in the alley south of the Flotsam ogre. As for spanking, if the knights got another imba combat special I'm gonna be pissed! :)

As for the closeness between statlevels, I don't really have any good ideas to improve the very far, far, halfway, close, very close system unless the wizards might feel the urge to add another very somewhere to show that you're either really close or reaaaaaaally far away. I'd say use numbers, but the game seems to shy away from giving an amount to anything.

What I really wanna know is when the damage meter is coming.

-B

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 28 Jan 2011 15:46

It's a date. Will you call Gorboth on his home number and ask him to resurrect Cherek as a mortal first?

Numbers? In Genesis? No way. Dont even think about it. I think that that scares Gorboth almost as much as mentioning Liwi***.

And I agree, numbers isnt our game. I am sure someone can think of Genesis-stylish levels.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 28 Jan 2011 20:29

I totally agree with this concept, and spoke to Mercade about it yesterday. He, too, felt it had merit and said he'd think about implementing it.

My suggestions:

You are [distance] becoming a(n) [next mortal title].

distance iterations:
  • on the verge of
  • very close to
  • fairly close to
  • somewhat close to
  • just over halfway to
  • just under halfway to
  • a fair distance from
  • a long distance from
  • very far from
  • just beginning the path to
I'll see if we can get this in soon.
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Creed

Post by Creed » 28 Jan 2011 20:39

That sounds AWESOME!

Will look forward to it alot?

What will you throw in there for the myths?
Should they have some:

"If you want the thrill of having something to achieve here, you should die and go at it again"?
I personally think that would be quite fun.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 28 Jan 2011 23:52

Creed wrote:What will you throw in there for the myths?
Should they have some:

"If you want the thrill of having something to achieve here, you should die and go at it again"?
How about, "Instead of checking your level progress, go help some newbies grow. It's more fun!"?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 28 Jan 2011 23:57

petros wrote:
Creed wrote:What will you throw in there for the myths?
Should they have some:

How about, "Instead of checking your level progress, go help some newbies grow. It's more fun!"?
Find me real newbies that don't know more about quests and syntaxes then me and I will!

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 29 Jan 2011 00:13

Creed wrote:"If you want the thrill of having something to achieve here, you should die and go at it again"
Petros wrote:"Instead of checking your level progress, go help some newbies grow. It's more fun!"
Random of those two then :lol:

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 29 Jan 2011 00:56

Or we can have the same list for myths!
You are just beginning the path towards Xars size!

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 29 Jan 2011 01:23

"You wish you were Irk?"

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/