An outrage

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

An outrage

Post by Rhaegar » 19 Feb 2011 23:59

Heralds of the Valar are now a regular occupational guild, very much like Mages of Morgul (layman option still available and free to join).
Army of Angmar is layman only, free to join.
The Scouts of Mordor have shown up, a counter to Rangers.

Why can't it happen? Would make much more sense than the current guild layout in ME.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Re: An outrage

Post by Alorrana » 20 Feb 2011 00:00

what do you mean ?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 20 Feb 2011 00:13

I mean it would be much more interesting.
AA really has no place lore-wise and I'd see evil ranger-type guild instead (ever noticed how all evil guilds are either fighter or magic? It's only goodies who get their sneaky tricks).
On the plains west of Fornost Eärnur's army met the army of Angmar, which was forced to retreat toward Fornost. As his army was routed, the Witch-king fled north toward Carn Dûm in Angmar; but Eärnur and Glorfindel, with reinforcements from Rivendell, pursued the retreating party and defeated them.
Following the victory, Angmar's forces west of the Misty Mountains were completely shattered and it ceased to exist. Meanwhile, the parts of it extending on the east of the Misty Mountains were wiped out by the ancestors of the Rohirrim.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 20 Feb 2011 00:25

Yeah Lets be merc casters with titles to the nine insted.. Right.. Do me a favour and toss this one in the shitter when your going to go there your self. ok.

Cheers.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 20 Feb 2011 00:50

Rhaegar wrote:I mean it would be much more interesting.
AA really has no place lore-wise and I'd see evil ranger-type guild instead (ever noticed how all evil guilds are either fighter or magic? It's only goodies who get their sneaky tricks).
Talking about how things doesn't fit lore-wise, is rarely a good argument.
I mean, where in the books are there mentioned any Society full of mages?
Atleast the Army of Angmar is actually mentioned.

Still making the evil side in Middle Earth have a sneak guild wouldn't be a bad idea. But hell, AA already have the Sneak/Hide skills and the Scare special, but without auto-sneak, it's not much use.
Way, way, way back I suggested another branch of the Army, that was more like the Rangers but with poisons and stuff. Obviously nothing came of it, but I agree that Middle Earth is still the most interesting realm in Genesis and it deserves more that what is there now.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 20 Feb 2011 01:03

You can hide title play evil ranger and cast spells still as an evil "person of ME" aswell.. the army as such was broken yes. according to history.. But then.. Genesis history has provided a new Morgul king, Couldnt he have retaken the fortress? made a new army., I know its not mentioned in the movies or books, because we are past that point.. but genesis isnt the books and movies, here you can go from ME to krynn to Athas.. 3 big diffrent worlds.. so excuse us if the timeline dosnt match... dear lord. But yelling for a closure of Angmar pisses me off. :evil:

In my oppinion they should make rangers a neutral guild, able to be Angmar laymans,. make them choose what side they want.. yes its just as crazy i know.. But you can play hide and sneaky ranger type human what ever you want in angmar aswell, only show layman title and be sneaky and what not. most laymans do...

And historywise in genesis, we are sorta ahead of the books, behind the books, and in the middle of the books.. I have often suggested to hell with the time line and impliment the best stuff from the books and movies and make it work, because thats what people want. I would gladly do all the descriptions for any recode needed in ME, descriptions of Npcs. and what might els be needed.. but bah.! no one wants to work on ME, its krynn krynn krynn.. new areas then krynn krynn krynn again, then new stuff.. then back to krynn krynn krynn.. Personally Krynn is nothing to me, Nothing but a place to go kill elves. History, npcs, quests, areas.. I really couldnt care less about them, but i have a passion for ME and thats where my guild it.. Yes im a Minotaur, krynnish creature, but Ive always liked em.. but again there is the mix again.. History and time dosnt match here, nor shouldnt it.. point here isnt to walk around saying, hey ! thats not the time for this and that, and this is wrong according to my timeline, and this is not right.. point is to have fun.. fun in a fantasy world.. So no more angmar closing talks. !!

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 20 Feb 2011 01:13

Makfly wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:I mean it would be much more interesting.
Talking about how things doesn't fit lore-wise, is rarely a good argument.
I mean, where in the books are there mentioned any Society full of mages?
Atleast the Army of Angmar is actually mentioned.

Still making the evil side in Middle Earth have a sneak guild wouldn't be a bad idea. But hell, AA already have the Sneak/Hide skills and the Scare special, but without auto-sneak, it's not much use.
Way, way, way back I suggested another branch of the Army, that was more like the Rangers but with poisons and stuff. Obviously nothing came of it, but I agree that Middle Earth is still the most interesting realm in Genesis and it deserves more that what is there now.
The MM are stupid lore-wise too, but since they're already here and have been for the most part of Genesis' life they might stay a while longer.

And having evil sneaky guild would fit the theme a lot better than the brutish AA (it could be possibly renamed and moved to Orthank). After all it's the time before the war, where most of the action is taking place "behind the scenes" as each force tries to maneuver into a better position and outwit the others without revealing itself. Having a Mordor spy guild would be neat in this department.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 20 Feb 2011 01:15

there is a sneaky evil guild.. called rangers !!

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 21 Feb 2011 01:29

How about more good aligned things to kill on Middle-Earth. There are a lot of things for goodies to kill but where are all the Rohirrim or Gondorians. I find a lot of orcs and trolls to kill even haradrims.

Evil things to kill:
Goblins
Trolls
Orcs
Haradrims
Corsairs

Good things to kill:
Hobbits
rangers
Rohirrim
random npcs around bree, rohan, minas tirith, and pelargir

Where are the vast hordes of rohirrim on horses?
Where are the troops garrisoned in Osgiliath, when I go there, there are like 6 total with maybe 2 or 3 rangers
Then for elves evils can't even get to Rivendell without dying unless they get dropped there by the Chaos Gate then they would have to gem out

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Feb 2011 01:38

Both Helm's Deep and Edoras is filled with stuff for evils to kill at least?

Then you have the Minas Tirirth gates I suppose.

Hm thats about it...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/