Quest Reward Ideas!

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Quest Reward Ideas!

Post by gorboth » 06 Apr 2011 07:12

Hello everyone,

I'd like to try something a little different here. As some of you may have noticed, Sparkle is finally getting its own Inn with food and drink. It is mostly coded, and will open soon. I don't believe in opening new things or areas without adding quests as well, and I wanted to take another swing at the very successful Market Day concept that has proven so popular each Wednesday.

So, I have coded up a new quest that will be very similar in structure to the Market Quest, occurring only one day a week. However, rather than a very small and repeatable quest experience reward, I thought it would be cool to have some other type of reward that players will really enjoy, and that will make it worth their while to make sure they never miss their once-a-week opportunity.

I'd like to ask players to submit ideas for what this reward might be. What I am hoping is that the community can come up with something that is immensely fun, popular, and worth spending a few extra hours than you might otherwise once a week.

So, all-y'alls ... what ideas can you come up with? What would *you* want? What would be fun, unique, and totally cool for a once-a-week perk you get for doing this quest?

Thanks!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Johnny
Veteran

Re: Quest Reward Ideas!

Post by Johnny » 06 Apr 2011 08:44

Hmmm... perhaps getting a ticket that you would be rewarded with (doesn't have to be a ticket anything really), these tickets will not be tradable, in anyway, like dropping it will cause it to be swept away with the wind. Anyways, after completing certain amount of these tasks you can exchange these tickets for something cool. Perhaps something we already have.

Let's say it is like a lottery thing, you turn in tickets let's say and you turn these tickets into someone, someplace, some gnomish gizmo, and you can get a variety of items. The more tickets you hand in, the higher probability that you will win something better. You can turn in even just 1 ticket if you would like but then I say make it HIGHLY improbable that it will yield something powerful or something considers good.

Some of these items could consist of:

1. A voucher for the enchanter to imbue something of yours.
2. imbuement stones (random of course, empty nullstone included in randomnessity).
3. Free food and drink at the inn for a certain number of times.
4. Quest xp.
5. A voucher to have the enchant to identify an imbuement.
6. A special armor.
7. A special weapon.
8. A certain amount of money (personally I am against this)
9. A bottled up soul than you can exchange to Death so that you will not get docked in experience if you die, usable only once and I like the thought that this item could be traded on the Auction (not sure I like this idea).
10. A custard pie that you can throw in someone's face.

Yeps, that is all I got.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Apr 2011 09:19

Johnny wrote: 10. A custard pie that you can throw in someone's face.
those have been removed meanwhile?
btw. what about the dwarven bread sticks that could be wielded and used as clubs? :lol:

anyway - suggestions:
shapeshift item that could be altered to whatever the user needs - weapon or armour
light/darkness object (1-2 levels)
voucher to regain some of the lost quest items (zodiac-gem, Aeria staff, broken torque, etc.)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 06 Apr 2011 09:20

Harder to code:
Fragments of Sankara stones
Combine 4 fragments to create a Sankara stone, which can be evoked when in death recovery. The effect is 2% of your lost Xp returns to your soul.
(Only gives back 2% of ONE death, not 2% to full death recovery from multiple deaths)
Making the fragments tradable have up & downsides, but should be considered.

Easier to code:
Imbuements
Just give out random imbuement fragments.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 06 Apr 2011 10:00

gorboth wrote:Hello everyone,

I'd like to try something a little different here. As some of you may have noticed, Sparkle is finally getting its own Inn with food and drink. It is mostly coded, and will open soon. I don't believe in opening new things or areas without adding quests as well, and I wanted to take another swing at the very successful Market Day concept that has proven so popular each Wednesday.

So, I have coded up a new quest that will be very similar in structure to the Market Quest, occurring only one day a week. However, rather than a very small and repeatable quest experience reward, I thought it would be cool to have some other type of reward that players will really enjoy, and that will make it worth their while to make sure they never miss their once-a-week opportunity.

I'd like to ask players to submit ideas for what this reward might be. What I am hoping is that the community can come up with something that is immensely fun, popular, and worth spending a few extra hours than you might otherwise once a week.

So, all-y'alls ... what ideas can you come up with? What would *you* want? What would be fun, unique, and totally cool for a once-a-week perk you get for doing this quest?

Thanks!
G.
Shame on you !! :twisted: ;)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 06 Apr 2011 10:08

How about a good old stack of healing potions or bandages. It's something genesis lacks and is definitely something I'd stick a couple hours into attaining since 1) I don't like drinking in the game and 2) I hate standing around waiting to heal or gain mana back.

My ideas for rewards:

1) Healing/Mana potions and bandages. Potions can be self only and always glow and cannot be traded.
2) A pet/npc(s?) that can fight with you.
3) A magical salve that can repair any weapon/armour to prime.
4) Magic scroll that teleports you home and uses no mana.
5) 2x XP modifier "blessing" for combat xp.
6) Food/drink that gives a temporary boost in physical or mental stats.

Bromen

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 06 Apr 2011 11:10

Perhaps an undulling uber weapon for evils only? :P
Sword perhaps? Crimson etched blade or something? :)
Just to counter the reward that only goodies get from doing the same quest in Pax?

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 06 Apr 2011 11:22

Please, no more weapons or armours. No more combat oriented item.

Why not something different like the "wand of everlasting light" (until it get burned out, fake advertising) or the "almost bottom less skinn of your favorite beverage"(you put in a glass of your favorite beverage if it is water or rum or that stuff they have in Sybarus, and it will be forever full, almost)
Maybe an amulet of instant comunication(telepathy to people)?

But please, no more weapons and armours, we have enough as it is.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Apr 2011 12:29

bromen wrote: 2) A pet/npc(s?) that can fight with you.
I like! I love combat-pets in games and I would definitively go for that one!
Potions already glow by the way - just like herbs.
Last edited by Laurel on 06 Apr 2011 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 06 Apr 2011 12:34

Arcon.. The donut IS combat oriented in itself.

So in other words items that helps with EXP or prevents the loss of EXP are the most valuable.

But why not compile down a list and code it in the quest so the player chooses when he does the quest?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/