Imbuement

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Imbuement

Post by OgreToyBoy » 08 Apr 2011 11:41

Since the old thread went dead and offtopic.

Can we consider the imbuement adjective become visible upon death?
More and more people run about cleaning areas of the imbuements and have someone else reset the area.

Wolverine
Adventurer

Re: Imbuement

Post by Wolverine » 08 Apr 2011 16:10

Yeah I have seen zoomers pass me by checking every room in an area and leaving.. or I notice 2 dead corpse, because they killed just those..

It should be like the shadow-elves and the runies.. When an npc gets harder you know it might drop something..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Apr 2011 16:48

I agree on this.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 08 Apr 2011 16:54

Agreed

Earth
Great Adventurer

Post by Earth » 08 Apr 2011 17:36

I agree as well. The imbuements have become just like any other good equipment on an NPC. People enter the area, check to see if a NPC has the equipment or not, kill the NPC if it does, then leaves. There is really not much incentive to stick around.

Even those who may be kiling in an area to try and spawn imbuements don't do so much anymore, as by the time the NPCs all reset, someone comes in and cleans them up.

By having imbuements only 'visible' after the NPC is dead really helps in making the person spending time in the area more likely to reap the benefits.

Freya

Post by Freya » 08 Apr 2011 18:33

Yeah I agree, its pretty darn annoying having to clean an area of 150 npcs, get 0 imbuements.

Then if I am not quick enough on the respawn, same person runs by and snatches the 3 imbuement npcs
and goes to the next area.

FYI, anyone doing this in an area I am in, "cherry-picking", do not be suprised if you find me blocking you and try to kill you.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 08 Apr 2011 19:04

Being one of the people with these scripts, I am of course biased.
But I agree that for fairness it would be better to have the imbuement invisible until the initial owner has been killed.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 08 Apr 2011 20:10

Heh, yeah I never check Sparkle for imbuements if I see you around Booger

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 18 Apr 2011 18:31

I almost thought the change to imbuements would go into game after this aramgeddon but it didn't.
Do we have any kind of date on this or is it something that won't happen for a long time?
I'm getting tired of feeding people imbues by killing off an area and then when you go
for another lap you meet the guy who just swooped through and nibbled the good parts.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Apr 2011 18:44

Well I'm tired of overgrown Ogres farming the orc captain while I fail with top notch equipment...

On the subject, It was a poll about this and Gorboth said the result was quite onesided and that he would talk to Lavellan about implement the change. So chillax abit, it will probably come soon:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/